FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Metawaneenee Hills master plan

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

On Monday, Wendy Johnson of the Metawaneenee Hills Neighborhood Association will present their "master plan" for the area. I've heard that they have expanded their boundaries to Welch, Chevrolet, ML King & 10th Ave, and are pushing to get the entire area declared a historical district. I know that not all citizens in that area were asked for input, and Gooch (what happened to him?) has said that not all residents are invited to all meetings. Anyone interested should attend the council meeting to find out what they're up to. It sounds like only a few in the area are involved & everyone else is being left in the dark until it's a done deal.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:32 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Dave- Since Wendy Johnson alleges all are in favor of the plan shouldn't th plan be made available to those who want it? I remember Lynn Waybright and others were excluded from part of the process and only a select few were involved. Gooch said the same thing.

Much of Metawaunenee Hills area will not qualify.
Post Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:30 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Does the master plan include the new historic district?

Post Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:14 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

No. There are plans created by a number of entities as you know Ryan. There is Hurley, U of M-Flint, University Corridor, Flint river Corridor etc. Simply because a group develops a plan , this does not mean they are immediately able to receive funds. Somehow Lawler thinks the mere development of a plan, that includes the future proposed historic district, enables them to receive funding.

Having a plan does not make it part of the master plan.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:29 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

A historical district containing houses built in the late 40's & early 50's?????

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:20 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I know Dave. pretty ludicrous huh, especially since the other historic districts have been ignored.
Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:07 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Making Civic park a historical district really worked wonders for the area. Maybe it'll revert back to what it was in 1861, when 20 acres was sold for $2.83 in back taxes. (from our title abstract).

Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:18 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I havent heard of any talk at least not yet of flint going back to dirt or gravel roads. That should put the last nail in the coffin.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/02/return_to_stone_age_reverting.html

Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:06 pm 
ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
I havent heard of any talk at least not yet of flint going back to dirt or gravel roads. That should put the last nail in the coffin.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/02/return_to_stone_age_reverting.html

Twotap,

After a few years of not having money to repair roads, and giving Flint's money to Genesee County for their roads like Brown did, our roads should deteriorate to black gravel. Our only hope is that Walling will be gone, then we might have a chance. Maybe Landbank can get the ordinances changed so that not only will we be able to have hoop houses and chickens in the city, but maybe we can have horses as well. They might not be as hard on the roads. Rolling Eyes

Thomas Jefferson
Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:20 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I just read an article where some shrinking cities are fighting to bring chickens back into the city environment
Post Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:39 pm 
ConcernedCitizen
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
I just read an article where some shrinking cities are fighting to bring chickens back into the city environment

Webs,

My previous comment was in regards to an effort that Land Bank made last summer to change ordinances to approve hoop houses on vacant lots and let people raise chickens. I never did hear the results.

Personally, I don't see what the problem is with chickens. There are people in Flint that have dogs that bark continuously at all hours of the day and night. I sometimes wonder if these dog ever sleep. At least chickens wouldn't be as noisy, at least most of the time. Maybe it would even drown out the gun fire. Maybe I can even train my chickens to walk on a leash so I can let them crap in other people's yards like some of my neighbors do with their dogs in my neighborhood.

As an interesting side note, I heard that one of the people on the Nuisance Task Force that lives on Welch Blvd is one of the people with one of the annoying dogs. Maybe he should report himself. I've also been told that he takes down other people's illegally posted signs. But when he posts signs for the Metawananee Hills Block Club, he posts them in illegal locations. Mr. Caswell, hypocracy is alive and well.

Thomas Jefferson
Post Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:42 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: