FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Did walling create RASCO fiasco?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Walling and Montle were meeting with Short prior to the project going to the state. Word on the street is they sent the project to Tim Herman of the regional chamber and from there to lansing. Those who read the so called business plan said it was very poorly written. I was surprised when Kincaid verified with Eason that Eason had been left out of the loop, If anyone had business experience, it would have been Eason.
No wonder Herman was so embarassed.
background checks should have been done before sending the con artist to other entities.

NEWS RELEASE 3/18/2010

STATEMENT FROM MAYOR DAYNE WALLING REGARDING RICHARD SHORT OF RASCO, LLC
“Mr. Short met with my staff on a number of occasions beginning approximately 6 months ago. During these meetings Mr. Short shared his business model and expressed his interest in establishing his company’s headquarters in the City of Flint. My staff provided basic information about tax incentives and doing business in Flint.

Because there has not been any direct action by the City of Flint, we had not yet performed our own background check or financial analysis of Mr. Short of RASCO, LLC. These two processes are performed during the final stage of our due diligence investigation into any potential economic development project seeking tax incentives from the city. As a result of not yet entering into this final stage of our investigation, we were unaware of Mr. Short’s legal issues.”

Dayne Walling
Mayor
City Of Flint

Return to News Release Page
Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:41 am 
Derrick1965
F L I N T O I D

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
Walling and Montle were meeting with Short prior to the project going to the state. Word on the street is they sent the project to Tim Herman of the regional chamber and from there to lansing. Those who read the so called business plan said it was very poorly written. I was surprised when Kincaid verified with Eason that Eason had been left out of the loop, If anyone had business experience, it would have been Eason.
background checks should have been done before sending the con artist to other entities.

NEWS RELEASE 3/18/2010

“Mr. Short met with my staff on a number of occasions beginning approximately 6 months ago. During these meetings Mr. Short shared his business model and expressed his interest in establishing his company’s headquarters in the City of Flint. My staff provided basic information about tax incentives and doing business in Flint.

Because there has not been any direct action by the City of Flint, we had not yet performed our own background check or financial analysis of Mr. Short of RASCO, LLC. These two processes are performed during the final stage of our due diligence investigation into any potential economic development project seeking tax incentives from the city. As a result of not yet entering into this final stage of our investigation, we were unaware of Mr. Short’s legal issues.”

Dayne Walling
Mayor
City Of Flint

Dayne A Walling
806 Kensington Ave

Flint, MI 48503-5386

(810) 424-0133
Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:42 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

It's called the "Obama Move", when in trouble throw all your friends and people who you use to work with under the bus!

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:

NEWS RELEASE 3/18/2010

Dayne Walling
Mayor
City Of Flint

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:04 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: