FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: 911 now doing general broadcasting

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

http://tellwallingno.com/ for what it is.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed May 19, 2010 9:19 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

That is because we don't have enough officers and may lose 10 to 14 more. These crime scenes are so labor intensive we don't have the officers to respond to calls.

Problems exist in scheduling largely due to the elimination of the Captains, who are the command structure. The command structure ran the different divisions. Those with seniority left and we are left with LTs, some of whom really are demoralized.

Locke had once assigned 6 offficers assigned to a federal grant to a second grant funded job. Quick intervention prevented the city from "double-dipping", but we lost some federal funding.

The return to 8 hr shifts will enable officers to collect overtime.
Post Thu May 20, 2010 10:51 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

What exactly does General Broadcasting mean?

General Broadcasting means they don't have anyone to send, and they are merely putting the call over the air for the tied up officers to hear. They do this because it's literally all they can do at the time, and it's better then doing nothing at all. However, it doesn't change a thing.

What Mayor Walling Doesn't Get: Basic Supply and Demand

The calls keep coming in at Flint 911, and there are only so many officers available to take them. It's literally a supply and demand issue. Right now there is more supply (the 911 calls coming in) then there is demand (the officers available to handle the supply). Another way of looking at it is like this: As a police officer is handling 1 call, there are 2 more calls coming in. Remember, the national average for police to citizens is 3 officers to 1000 residents. Flint is now approximately .8 (<< less then 1) officer to every 1000 residents, with more proposed cuts by Walling coming July 1st, 2010. To the right is a video showcasing a perfect example of what Mayor Walling is doing with the Flint Police Department. In this video, Lucy and her friend are the police, and the candy are the 911 calls coming in.

Just another 10 fewer officers included in next year's Flint police budget by Mayor Walling

FLINT, Michigan — The Flint police department is still on track to have 10 fewer officers next year than it has now, according to a budget presentation made this afternoon from mayor Dayne Walling's proposed 2011 budget.

Mayor Walling's new proposed budget would increase Mayor's Office by $50,000, and city council by $40,000, all while still cutting more police officers
Post Thu May 20, 2010 11:06 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: