FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Troubling New Robbery Tactic *Updated*

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
UncleSmack
F L I N T O I D

I received some troubling information last night. Apparently several "gangs" no saying if they are gangs or not at this point, are now leaving car seats draped with a blanket, or in some cases with a doll in them half covered near the sides of roads. Reportedly mostly by wooded or high grass areas. There goal is to lure women (mostly) to stop and check on the "baby" and at that point are attacked, robbed, and sometimes pulled into the woods/grass to be sexually assaulted. Please let people know. If someone does see a car seat on the side of the road, local police are asking you continue to your destination and report the location as soon as possible, but do not stop.

Last edited by UncleSmack on Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:46 pm 
UncleSmack
F L I N T O I D

Sorry I forgot also, when i heard about this I was also told an "old" tactic is being used again.
If you are driving in a bad area, and your windshield is hit by an egg, "usually done at night and in rain" immediately shut off your windshield wipers, using them will only spread the egg and causes it to become white and cloudy when mixed with rain or windshield solvent. This is being done to force people to pull over since it eliminates visibility and then are being attacked and robbed. so if this happens, NO WIPERS!!! NO WINDSHIELD SPRAY!!! Just keep driving to a safe area!!!!

Please let loved ones know about this!!!
Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:44 pm 
1pissedoffguy
F L I N T O I D

quote:
UncleSmack schreef:
I received some troubling information last night. Apparently several "gangs" no saying if they are gangs or not at this point, are now leaving car seats draped with a blanket, or in some cases with a doll in them half covered near the sides of roads. Reportedly mostly by wooded or high grass areas. There goal is to lure women (mostly) to stop and check on the "baby" and at that point are attacked, robbed, and sometimes pulled into the woods/grass to be sexually assaulted. Please let people know. If someone does see a car seat on the side of the road, local police are asking you continue to your destination and report the location as soon as possible, but do not stop.

Thanks , I will tell my family about this
Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:37 pm 
UncleSmack
F L I N T O I D

I heard about it in an e-mail from a good friend of mine, I re-sent it to a lot of people I know live in the area. Would be a good idea for everyone to do the same.
Post Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:47 pm 
monlynn810
F L I N T O I D

Oh come on!

You guys have never heard of snopes.com? This is an urban legend and has been debunked. Whenever you get an email like this, it would serve you well to head over there and check to see if it's true. They're pretty good with their research, and even if you're still skeptical about their conclusions, read through the archives. After a while these kinds of warnings come off like form letters. You can spot them a mile off for being suspect.

Car seat lure.

Eggs thrown at windshields.

Fer cryin' out loud. How paranoid are you that you'd believe this?
Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:08 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: