FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Phoney voter registrations?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

My wife & I got out new voter registrations in the mail today. The poll location was changed. Along with our cards, there was one for a man that has NEVER lived at our address! We've been here since 68, and checking the title abstract, a person with the last name on the card has never lived here.
I called the Clerk's office, got voice mail of course, & left a message. I'm betting we never get a return call.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:43 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

*** ATTENTION CITY OF FLINT VOTERS*** IN PRECINCTS 3, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 17, 26, 27, 28, 35, 36, AND 37***

For polling location changes, see the notice: http://www.cityofflint.com/polling/pollingloc.pdf

Source: http://www.cityofflint.com/default_vs.asp
Accessed: July 14, 2010

With reference to the voter registration for another person at your address, see if you can find that person at a current address, like in your most recent phone book, or on whitepages.com or at 67th District Court records (traffic tickets show dates and addresses), http://www.co.genesee.mi.us/districtcourt/. Except, the Genesee County server seems to be down today, can't get on the Circuit Court website either. Could also check death records at County Clerk's office when the server gets back online.

Just because a person wasn't listed in the title history doesn't necessarily mean they never lived at that address (unless you know for fact because you're original owner). Clerk's office may be sending notices to everyone ever registered in those precincts. I'm a firm believer that someone in the clerk's office should check voter registrations against death records as they become available and update accordingly.

You could write on the envelope "Addressee Not At This Address" and return to sender and let them handle accordingly. Should have been a Forwarding Service Requested or Address Correction Requested notation on the outside of the envelope from the clerk's office to start with.
Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:49 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Good luck, keep me informed. Let's do breakfast again with your lovely wife...SOON...

Shoot me an email or call....
Post Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:37 am 
DELETED

DELETED
Post Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:52 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
andi03 schreef:
Good luck, keep me informed. Let's do breakfast again with your lovely wife...SOON...

Shoot me an email or call....

I got a call from a lady at the Clerk's office. She said there are a lot of these. "The Acorn registration campaign resulted in a lot of fraudulent registrations". She said to write "does not reside here" on the card & give it back to your letter carrier to be returned to the Clerk's office. They will mark the name as "challenged" and it someone tries to vote with that name they will be required to prove residency at the listed address.

Breakfast - Got a Dr. appointment tomorrow to get the results of all the tests; CAT scan, PET scan, 2 MRI's. As soon as we know what's going to happen next, let's set something up.

OOSL2 - We've lived here since 1968, and there has been no one with that name living here. In those 42 years, out polling place has changed 3 or 4 times, and we never got a registration card for that name before. To me,. that's sufficient proof the registration is phony.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:02 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
OOSL2 - We've lived here since 1968, and there has been no one with that name living here. In those 42 years, out polling place has changed 3 or 4 times, and we never got a registration card for that name before. To me,. that's sufficient proof the registration is phony.
I tend to agree with you, and if it were my address I would attempt to find the actual person whose name appears on the card, it could be listed in death records on the county clerk's website (server's still down today).
Post Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:48 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: