FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: OPEC ministers say world can handle $100 oil! Yeah Right!

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

The global economy can withstand an oil price of $100 a barrel, Kuwait's oil minister said on Saturday, as other exporters indicated OPEC may decide against increasing output through 2011 as the market was well supplied.
Analysts have said oil producing countries are likely to raise output after crude rallied more than 30 percent from a low in May because they fear prices could damage economic growth in fuel importing countries.
European benchmark ICE Brent crude for February closed at $93.46 on Friday after hitting $94.74 a barrel, its highest level since October 2008.
Arab oil exporters meeting in Cairo this weekend said they saw no need to supply more crude as stocks were high and prices had been inflated temporarily by cold weather in Europe.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40811733/ns/business-oil_and_energy/

Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:02 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Why not just cut prices by becoming Oil independent from FORGIEN oil?
http://www.usgs.gov/newsroom/article.asp?ID=1911
February 13, 08
Massive Oil Deposit Could Increase US reserves by 10x

America is sitting on top of a super massive 200 billion barrel Oil Field that could potentially make America Energy Independent and until now has largely gone unnoticed. Thanks to new technology the Bakken Formation in North Dakota could boost America’s Oil reserves by an incredible 10 times, giving western economies the trump card against OPEC’s short squeeze on oil supply and making Iranian and Venezuelan threats of disrupted supply irrelevant.
http://www.usgs.gov/corecast/details.asp?ep=38
Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:02 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Ted, you need to talk the dems into allowing drilling.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:10 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

We all need to talk to somebody.
Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:56 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

So they can make more money!

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:

The global economy can withstand an oil price of $100 a barrel, Kuwait's oil minister said on Saturday, as other exporters indicated OPEC may decide against increasing output through 2011 as the market was well supplied.
Analysts have said oil producing countries are likely to raise output after crude rallied more than 30 percent from a low in May because they fear prices could damage economic growth in fuel importing countries.
European benchmark ICE Brent crude for February closed at $93.46 on Friday after hitting $94.74 a barrel, its highest level since October 2008.
Arab oil exporters meeting in Cairo this weekend said they saw no need to supply more crude as stocks were high and prices had been inflated temporarily by cold weather in Europe.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40811733/ns/business-oil_and_energy/

Post Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:39 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Perhaps with these high oil prices some of these countries will be able to fend for themselves with out USSA tax slaves having to send then bribery money/"foreign aid".

Oil prices and everything should go up because the government just prints up money which causes inflation.

It also costs a lot of money for USA soldiers to fight and die to fix other countries. We could do buy a lot of oil for our country if we didn't spend a trillion or so to help make Iraq and Afghanistan "free".
Post Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:48 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I was surprised to see Tunisians and other Middle East countries complaining about the cost of oil.
Post Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:54 am 
pan8
F L I N T O I D

We have the technology and resources to be energy self sufficient for the next 300 years but do not have the political will. Out politicians of both parties have sold the American public out and refuse to put the good of our country before their own political greed and ambitions.

Think oil shale and Fischer-Tropsch process! The process fueled Hitler's war machine and the technology can fuel our country. Of course we could always drill up north but we don't want to be mean to the libs.

Hope you libs enjoy you soon to be $5.00 per gallon of gas. Laughing

Pan8
out and about
Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:14 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: