FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Council President unbecoming-Poplar breaks rules

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Council has an immunity while in session except in certain circumatances. Council went through a big production of promoting their new rules and they announce before every meeting that public speakers are not to defame individuals.

Then as she congratulates Kay Muhammed on her new position as head of transportation, Poplar finds it necessary to disparage those who were in the position before. Not to take away from Muhammed, who is a brilliant woman, but she lacks experience in many areas such as construction, road building etc. Is this the reason Eason is pushing the city to hire two engineers, a city engineer and a mechanical engineer.

With Poplar it may well be a race thing too as the previous directors were white and Poplar seems (to me) to to always be playing the race card. Remember she pushed for a certain Clio Rd business to get city sponsored loan and was unaware he already had at least two.

This is definitely unbecoming behavior as Poplar could have praised Muhammed and never had to denigrate Muhammed's predecessor. In my opinion, Poplar is unworthy of her position.

We also needto be aware of just what minority contractors are getting work in the 20% set asides by Boji in the second ward. I am not saying this is a bad thing, but as we saw in Detroit with Kwame Kilpatrick, it is also a way of helping friends and getting kickbacks. Is anyone monitoring the process? How are these subcontractors being selected and is Eason micromanaging this venue too?
Post Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:49 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Poplar and the City of Flint have been sued by John Carpenter over her denigrating and slanderous speech aginst him.
IS IT NO WONDER THAT PEOPLE DON'T RESPECT COUNCIL! Council thnks they can say anything they want about anyone they choose.
Post Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:48 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Is Kay related to anyone else that works at City Hall?

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
Council has an immunity while in session except in certain circumatances. Council went through a big production of promoting their new rules and they announce before every meeting that public speakers are not to defame individuals.

Then as she congratulates Kay Muhammed on her new position as head of transportation, Poplar finds it necessary to disparage those who were in the position before. Not to take away from Muhammed, who is a brilliant woman, but she lacks experience in many areas such as construction, road building etc. Is this the reason Eason is pushing the city to hire two engineers, a city engineer and a mechanical engineer.

With Poplar it may well be a race thing too as the previous directors were white and Poplar seems (to me) to to always be playing the race card. Remember she pushed for a certain Clio Rd business to get city sponsored loan and was unaware he already had at least two.

This is definitely unbecoming behavior as Poplar could have praised Muhammed and never had to denigrate Muhammed's predecessor. In my opinion, Poplar is unworthy of her position.

We also needto be aware of just what minority contractors are getting work in the 20% set asides by Boji in the second ward. I am not saying this is a bad thing, but as we saw in Detroit with Kwame Kilpatrick, it is also a way of helping friends and getting kickbacks. Is anyone monitoring the process? How are these subcontractors being selected and is Eason micromanaging this venue too?

Post Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:40 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Kay Muhammad is said to be related through her father to the Poplar's. Then Jackie and Donna married Poplar brothers. That is supposed to be their relationship. Kay has never hidden it.
Post Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:05 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: