FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: City hall sure is responsive

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

About a month ago, I called city hall about the house at 216 W. Dartmouth that was demolished. The demo co. simply dropped it all into the basement & left. Nothing was cleaned up or removed. Since nobody at city hall ever answers their phones, I left a detailed viocemail, including my name, address & phone. Never got a call back.

I called again yesterday about the house next door that had been broken into. The front door's kicked in & obviously the owner couldn't care less. So, I hoped someone at city hall could help. Oh, yeah, the power's still on there, too. Anyway, another detailed voicemail & no reply.

Maybe this just isn't the "right" part of Flint for anyone at city hall to care about.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:10 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Dave- They don't even have people to answer the phones. Your voice mail may be going in circles.
Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:03 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Just for kicks, I tried again today & as usual got voice mail again. I also used the email contact form on the city's web site. Not that I expect any response, but I thought I'd try.

BUT - I also emailed Consumers & got a reply in less than one hour that a work order had been issued to make sure the utilities to that house are cut off.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:11 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Just got a call from City Hall! The house is being put on the boarding list & someone will be coming out to inspect it. Thank you, Jennifer C.

Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:05 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Gas & electricity now off. Thanks, Consumers. Still waiting for the city to show up.

Post Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:32 pm 
tmonahan01
F L I N T O I D

The neighborhood in Carriage Town did all the boarding of the houses we got shut down. After we got the city to raid them and get the squatters out the city told us the houses were on the list to be boarded BUT THEY HAD NO MONEY OR MANPOWER to do it so Doug Weiland at the Land Bank got us 50 sheets of OSB and we got a crew together to do it. The houses across from the Good Beans, the drug den on Fourth Ave just east of Mason and 2 over on this side of Grand Traverse. I wouldn't hold my breath for the city to do anything.
Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:40 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I'm not holding my breath waiting for the city. As soon as the weather allows, I'll secure it myself.

Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:58 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: