FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Shooting at Chevrolet & Dayton

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

About 2:45. The street's still blocked by police, all Cevrolet traffic is coming down our street. Sounds like 1 person hit, went to Hurley ALS. Per the scanner, the shooter was in the back seat of a suburban, 2 kids, 7 or 8 years old, in the back seat with him. Weapon was an AK-47.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:06 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

From flint Police Blotter on Facebook:

David L Perez
Shooting @ Chevrolet & Dayton,one shot in leg & 1 shot in back per scanner
about an hour ago ··
David L Perez Correction only 1 shot in leg .
about an hour ago ·
David L Perez Looking for a 2000 Green Suburban, AK 47
about an hour ago ·
Jill Sny with kids in backseat
about an hour ago ·
David L Perez Yes,2 small kids in back seat. WOW
about an hour ago ·
Robin Porter Damn!! Sad
about an hour ago ·
Joy Jones Gee, maybe the same AK that everyone kept saying wasn't out there on the streets last night? How many of the damn things do we have in this city?
8 minutes ago ·
Flint police blotter I just saw an ad for an Ak 47, I believe it was Gander Mountain.
a few seconds ago ·
Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:24 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

1. There's been drama going on at that address for some time. First time I know of that someone was shot. I wonder if this is the same shooter that shot up the back of that house a few weeks ago.
2. Over 20 rounds & only one hit? Spray & pray.
3. Drove by there on Dayton at 4:30. I wonder if the green Suburban they were looking for is the same one that was parked on Dayton, watching the cops at work.
4. The "AK-47's" sold at sporting goods stores around here are usually Romanian WASR-10's. They will NOT fire full automatic like a true assault weapon, and cannot be modified to do so. They are also rather inaccurate due to the barrel flexing as the bullet travels down it.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:27 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Accuracy, whats that mean to a hiphoppin banger?

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:34 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Children were in vehicle involved in Flint drive-by shooting
Published: Friday, June 03, 2011, 8:00 PM
By Khalil AlHajal | The Flint Journal The Flint Journal

FLINT, Michigan — There were two children along with three adults inside an SUV that pulled up to group of people during a street basketball game in a drive-by shooting Friday, witnesses told police.

View full size(Matt Dixon | The Flint Journal)Flint police officers walk past cones marking multiple bullet casings at the scene of a shooting Friday on Chevrolet Avenue near Dayton Street in Flint.
Police said shots were fired from the back seat of the green Chevrolet Suburban traveling southbound on Chevrolet Avenue, north of Hamilton Avenue.

There were more than two dozen shell casings left on the street, fired from multiple firearms that may have been assault rifles, police said.

One man was shot in the leg, police said. The vehicle was last seen traveling westbound on Hamilton.

"What scares me is that there were children in the car with the perpetrators and there were children standing outside with the victims," said Pastor Robert McCathern of the nearby Joy Tabernacle Church.

"We're continuing another generation of violence in this city...

"This is urban traumatic stress syndrome gone wild."

The group that was shot at was gathered to memorialize a man who died in a nearby moped crash on Thursday.

"It's a sad day in Flint, Michigan when folks can't even grieve," McCathern said.
Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:28 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Drive-by shooting breaks up gathering to memorialize moped crash victim
Published: Friday, June 03, 2011, 6:54 PM Updated: Friday, June 03, 2011, 6:56 PM
By Khalil AlHajal | The Flint Journal The Flint Journal
FLINT, Michigan — A group of people who were gathered on Chevrolet Avenue today when shots were fired at them from a passing vehicle were trying to memorialize a man killed in a moped crash on Thursday.

View full sizeMatt Dixon | The Flint Journal Flint Police officers walk past cones marking multiple bullet casings at the scene of a shooting Friday on Chevrolet Avenue near Dayton Street in Flint.
"All they were doing was playing basketball, trying to relieve some of the stress, trying to deal with the loss of a family member," said Pastor Robert McCathern of the nearby Joy Tabernacle Church.

A 21-year-old man was shot in the leg by occupants of a green Chevrolet Suburban traveling southbound on Chevrolet, police said.

A group of family and friends were gathered at a home on Chevrolet Avenue north of Hamilton Avenue sharing memories about Otis McLeod when several of them pulled a basketball hoop into the street and began playing.

"We were trying to think about the good times, not the bad times," said Ebony McLeod, the crash victim' sister.

Otis Mcleod, 42, was traveling on Dayton Street around 5:30 a.m. Thursday when his moped collided with an SUV at Dupont Street.

Around 3 p.m. today, Dominick Coleman, 20, was playing basketball with the shooting victim when the vehicle pulled up and the shots were fired.

"It just needs to stop," said Coleman about violence in the area.

The victim was transported to a hospital with injuries that did not appear life-threatening, police said.

There were more than two dozen shell casings left on the street, fired from multiple firearms that may have been assault rifles, police said.