FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: HAS WILDING COME TO FLINT?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Some are calling what happened in Flint this weekend flash mobs, but violence experts insist the proper term is "wilding". While the Friday night violence created a reign of terror, it did not reach the level of violence experienced this summer by communities such as Chicago, Philly and Minneapolis.

Many in the community are calling for the removal of current Police Chief Alvern Locke, saying he is an ineffective leader who can't make decisions regarding the deployment of policing staff. The anger spills over on Walling who at times appears to be the spokeperson for the Police Department.

What precautions are going to be put in place to secure the CRIM road race and other future events?

I am told that the State Police helicopter was flying over Flint last night and some residents said it made them feel more secure. However, some area gangs are already predicting more bloodshed in the future so Flint needs a more comprehensive plan for dealing with our Flint youth.

We also need a media that is honest and open with the community. It is a shame that residents have to go to the internet to get the true story. Does the media really believe those terrorized down town are not going to tell friends and the world what really happened. Two Tap, who lives in northern Michigan, heard about it by the next morning as did many others.

I pray for an Emergency State takeover as I am disastified with the choices for mayor and i don't see the needed changes happening.
Post Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:25 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Yeabbut, according to our fearless leader, the problem is the economy, not crime.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:47 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
westflint
F L I N T O I D

It's really a shame the news dosn't shed light on what is going on here. To not make known what is going on here is minimizing the problems here and no action will be taken. The apathy twords the crime and crime culture will not make things better.

Why dosn't this administration care that people are moving because they are tired of the crime around here. Everytime I leave my house, I think, will I come back to nothing? When I get up in the morning, I look out the window to see if my car is still there. When it's hot outside, I can't sleep with the window open. Someone tryed to come in my window. Now that I live in Flint, I live in fear. Who in there right mind would want to move here andl live like this?
Post Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:53 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Their is only one group to blame for Flints problems. Not the mayor not the cops but the ever increasing subculture and their off spring who get bolder every day. The Crim should be interesting although a bit early in the day for the hiphoppers.
Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:33 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Information has come forward that confirms that much of the problem downtown was preplanned. One unexpected element was north end groups encountered gangs they were not familiar with.

More violence is coming!
Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:04 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: