FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Genesee Townhip Clerk threatens gas station attendent!!

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
GeneseeTownshipRecall
F L I N T O I D

Mr. Wayne Bates, Genesee Township Clerk, currently being recalled went into the Marathon Gas Station this evening and purchashed gas at Richfield/Genesee Road. This business supports the recall efforts and had recall signs placed on their property. Mr. Wayne Bates approached the clerk behind the counter after receiving his gasoline and told the clerk that she needed to take the recall signs down or he would not be purchashing gas there anymore. The clerk felt intimidated and removed the signs from the property, This is not right! This incident was captured on video tape. People do have a first amendment right to free speech I thought! Please vote YES on November 8th to remove these people from office!
Post Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:19 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
theboyzmom
F L I N T O I D

I have no problem with what Bates said - Everyone, even targets, have the right in the USA to purchase gas and express disagreement with opinions. He did not THREATEN her - if she felt intimidated since a customer said they would not buy gas there anymore, she should find a new job.
Post Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:50 am 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

I agree with theboyzmom people have the right to voice their opinions, but they do not have the right to intimidate.

I would bet the gas station clerk is not the owner

Post Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:16 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
theboyzmom
F L I N T O I D

I agree that the clerk is not the owner. Imagine if every business owner or employee that had someone come in and say they were not going to patronize the business anymore for an articulated reason claimed they were being threatened. Wouldn't that be silly.

I see nothing in the report from GeneseeTownshipRecall that indicates he did anything but express his opinion. If there is more to the story that can be proved, please share. I know political people can be intimidating - but an opinion?
Post Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:24 am 
GeneseeTownshipRecall
F L I N T O I D

Theboyzmom: I have to disagree with you, everyone is entitled to their first amendment right and when a politician like Mr. Wayne Bates who is currently being recalled from his Clerks position goes into a gas station, tells the clerk to take down the recall signs or he will not buy gas there anymore! The clerk felt obligated to remove those signs because of what Mr. Wayne Bates was telling the clerk and how he addressed the situation. Mr. Wayne Bates, there are plently of other gas stations around the area, use another one, they want their signs up and they will continue to have them up without you intimidating anyone! Remember Mr. Wayne Bates, you are a township clerk, that's it! Buy your gasoline somewhere else, I'm personally going to give this gas station their recall signs back!
Post Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:53 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Just as the owner has the right to advertise his support for the recall. Mr Bates as well as other have the right voice their opinion and let it be known that if they want to advertise that in their business he has the right to not shop there.

I don't see a story here. Two people freely exercising their 1st amendment right to free speech. Neither the business nor Mr. Bates did anything wrong.

Isn't America wonderful.

It appears that GeneseeTownshipRecall is upset that both sides have the ability to express themselves equally and freely. Sound's like it's only free speech GeneseeTownshipRecall believes in is “if a agree with GeneseeTownshipRecall then it’s free speech.
Post Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:38 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
theboyzmom
F L I N T O I D

I have noticed that the recall signs are being put on private property without permission of the owners. Perhaps they should rethink the tactics they are using . . .
Post Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:11 pm 
eastsidewestside
F L I N T O I D

The forum topic talks about a threat to the clerk, but the only "threat" I see is the threat to take his business elsewhere in the future. Now, if he pulled a gun or threatened to walk out without paying, those would be threats. This forum topic should be re-titles or removed.
Post Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:51 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Could this thread be related to the recent meeting Steve and Tom Joubran had?
Post Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:16 am 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

quote:
untanglingwebs schreef:
Could this thread be related to the recent meeting Steve and Tom Joubran had?

What does this mean?

If you must know I was invited by the campaign manger along with your friend.

I am not involved in the recall and I am not the person posting on Flint Talk as GeneseeTownshipRecall or on FaceBook.

If I have something to say I do it as myself, I don't need to hide behind a screen name.

I have never taken a Dime from anyone, nor do I intended to.

Post Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:14 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: