FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: POLITICS, LIES AND INTIMIDATIONS
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Usually relaible sources, more than one, have advised me that my name is on a list of people to be retaliated against because I don't agree with Walling. Too bad!

Walling supporters have chosen to harass and intimidate a friend of mine. The have come en masse on at least two ocassions to theirr work place in a blatant attempt to generate concern and fear. Walling needs to have better control of his volunteers or needs to stop encouraging this behavior.

But the worst ploy of all is the intimidating phone call from a blocked number. Come on guys! The old "We know where you live and where you go" type of intimidation is straight out of a B scary movie.

Obviously the poll figures are not where he would like them to be or his people would not resort to these childish and boorish tactics.
Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:39 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Eason told Council that the water rate increase was in no way related to Smith Village.

The administration said the water rate increase in February would be the last for the year. They just did not tell the public they meant for the fiscal year ending June 30th and not the calendar year. So when the new fiscal year started we got hit with a second increase for a whopping 60% increase for the calendar year!

The Walling administration said the increases were needed to replenish the depleter water fund and pay for the revolving water loan bond when the state required upgrades to the water plant.

1-Yet, according to Neeley on Channel 12, the $767,000 payment to Smith Village would nearly deplete the water fund at this time.

2- The bid for Phase one was over a million dollars, so this must be only a partial payment.

3- There is at least two phases in the construction, so the administration will have to come back at least 2 more times, once to finish phase one and for the completion of phase 2.

4-There was a previous resolution for the sewer fund improvements in Smith Village.

5- The sewer rate, and the service charges for the water and sewer were also increased, according to the schedule posted in the Flint Journal before the increase took place.

MORE IMPORTANTLY, WALLING SIGNED AN AGREEMENT WITH HUD PROMISING THE RESOURCES OF THE CITY BE PRIORITIZED FOR SMITH VILLAGE BEFORE TELLING COUNCIL. COUNCIL CONTROLS THE BUDGET, SO SHOULD THIS ISSUE HAVE BEEN APPROVED BY COUNCIL?

WAS THE PROJECT RUSHED SO COUNCIL WOULD BE FORCED TO PROCEED AS THE CITY WOULD BE TOO FAR IN?

TO SAVE $1.1 MILLION, THE ADMINISTRATION HAS NOW COMMITTED THE CITY TO SEVERAL MILLION IN INFRASTRUCTURE COSTS FOR WATER, SEWER STREETS, ETC. HAVE THEY TOLD COUNCIL WHERE THESE FUNDS ARE COMING FROM AND WHAT THE IMPACT WILL BE FOR OTHER RESIDENTS.

DOES COUNCIL KNOW THAT SOME OF THE HUD QUALIFYING DOCUMENTS WERE FALSIFIED?

PAYMENTS WERE MADE ON BEHALF OF METRO COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT AND SMITH VILLAGE CONSTRUCTION BEFORE A SIGNED CONTRACT WAS IN PLACE. WHAT FUND DID THESE PAYMENTS COME FROM? IS THE ADMINISTRATION HIDING THESE PAYMENTS?
Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:03 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

This Walling Campaign intimidation is not new. Remember the Flint Journal article from Thursday August 9,2007 "All-white mayoral race issue for some' by Marjorie Raymer. In that article Donna Poplar said "We will remain an oppressed people until we learn to support our own and support a qualified African-American person". "We have too many sell-out black folks".

At the time Poplar was the co-chairman of the 501(c)4 Sisters United, called a "politically active group of black women". IRS rules applied to Sisters United in relationship to their political activities, but they ignored all campaign finance and IRS rules on their campaign activities. They publicly endorsed and came out in full Sister's United regalia to campaign for their candidates.

During the last election for Mayor, Sister's United publicly made videos to be aired on Channel 17 to support Walling. Poplar also worked hard in the bid to recall Williamson. The end result seems to be that Donna Poplar became an appointee in the Walling administration.
Is Poplar now one of the "sell-out black folks" as there is a now a black candidate against Walling? Many voters must have felt he was qualified as he is Walling's opponent. Or is she locked in to support Walling as she needs his re-election to make sure she keeps her job.

There are many politicians that fear Poplar and other activists. She is a tireless and consumate campaigner who works hard. Some activists have been paid by campaigns so they will not work for the other side.

This will be an interesting race. will the intimidation increase?
Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:08 pm 
DylanLuna
F L I N T O I D

Alright Flinttalk now Sally is talking to herself now... I suggest we form a "Let's Help Sally Find a Hobby" Fund. I'm putting $5 to start, anyone else?
Post Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:34 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Spoken like a true Walling supporter and fanatic!
Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:59 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Will Walling and/or the council say anything about the Journal closing the press building and most of their downtown location?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:12 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
DylanLuna
F L I N T O I D

Sally, supporter, yes, friend, yes, fanatic, no. If I was a fanatic I would consume much of my time doing lengthy postings and "investigations" on forums like these as you do. I can make the case that you are a fanatic from Williamson's administration or a fanatic for being some type of fake private investigator.
Actually wasn't that your job under the Williamson administration? To tape city council meetings and do investigations or something under the guise of being a contract compliance officer? At a time when our city faced several severe problems about the use and mismanagement of contracts and grants?

It's kind of funny how the citizen's of Flint tax dollars went to someone like you to spend their time tapping council meetings (when we already pay Paul Herring to do that), when we needed some serious oversight of how Flint handled it's contracts/grants.

How about you untangle and explain that web for us? [/b]
Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:33 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Do you write your own material, or does Walling & Dawn Jones do it for you?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:56 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

This is exactly what I am talking about. On one day three Walling supporters went to my friend's workplace to confront her about supporting Buchanan. The next week, five showed up to angrily challenge supporting Buchanan. It is never appropriate to attempt to intimidate someone, especially at their place of work.

Then they received the blocked call that attempted to threaten them. This type of politics is uncalled for.

walling should concentrate on making his pitch and not having his supporters strong arm people.
Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:30 pm 
DylanLuna
F L I N T O I D

Haha completely avoided what I said, smart move... Guys, I haven't spoken to Walling in months, I'm in East Lansing busy with work and school. I'm just speaking my mind and trying to hold Sally accountable before she calls someone else out.

Yes I support Walling, but that's about as far as it goes. If it makes you feel any better, I only donated money to him, I'm not voting in Flint, I'm voting here... Hold your own people accountable, or better yet yourself, and then worry about others.

In terms of supporting Buchanan, that's fine, he's a good person and a good candidate, I never once mentioned him in my discussion with you. However, my beef is with your old boss and friend Don Williamson whose incompetence, belligerence and frankly, stupidity, is still costing Flint and it's people millions. I don't hold grudges, but when it still hurts my hometown then it's a problem.

And if it makes you feel any better Sally, I worked for the mayor too under Michael Vance and Bob Cook, even if it was for just a summer.
Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:15 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Pachucho aka Dylan luna-I am not going to take the bait and play your childish games. If Flint Talk disturbs you so much, then don't read it as you say you are so busy with your classes.

I plan on sticking to the topic! Yes you have mentioned Buchanan in the past, but not in a derogatory way. There is too much thug like behavior going on in this race and I personally believe the state will tke over.
Post Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:03 pm 
DylanLuna
F L I N T O I D

Alright Sally I'll let it go, refuse to answer the question and not hold yourself accountable, that's cool....
Post Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:09 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Walling lied again on his radio show. When a lady asked him where the six officers were for the grant, he said they were already on duty.

Not true. Yes six officers are back but these officers are to replace retiring officers.
Post Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:55 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Pachuco- I use references and documentation to back up what I say. Although some reports may not have been made public, they are in my possession. You on the other hand only try to smear and besmirch and offer no documentation at all.

I observed Sisters United campaigning for Ed Taylor and others. I saw and have copies of their video's they made for walling. I also observed the intimidation tactics of Sisters United in council and in other venues. I have the videpo of Sisters United making public endorsements, not allowed by their 501 (c)4 status.

I have a copy of the video where Kate Fields promoted herself as an energy home builder. I have copies of her audits and other documents.

I have copies of documents related to many issues in city government and individuals involved. I do not make unsubstantiated comments and I believe what I write.

I understand due diligence and I know when the city is not employing due diligence. I have encountered corruption in the governing of our city and I have the right of free speech to report it.

Eason is right on one point. HUD played a key role in the problems Flint is facing. HUD never should have allowed there to be over 17 years of unanswered monitoring reports. I know two reporters who were told by HUD officials they could not crack down on Flint during the Gaffney days of accusations of racial bias in investigating urban Black Mayors. HUD dropped the ball and the day of reckoning is finally here.

BOTTOM LINE IS THAT I CAN BACK UP EVERYTHING I SAY. CAN YOU SAY THE SAME OR ARE YOU THE SAME ANGRY LITTLE BOY THAT HAD A SUMMER JOB IN CITY HALL COURTESY OF THE WILLIAMSON ADMINISTRATION.
Post Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:09 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Pachuco Luna- I frequently use actual court documents and HUD reports and show them as quotes. Some wish I were not so detail oriented, but I want to ensure the veracity of my posts. Can't say the same for you as you just come across as angry and vindictive.
Post Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:23 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: