FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Brown disrespects local Pastor

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Pastor Latrelle Holmes resigned from the advisory group because he found out what was happening from the media.

Now Brown signs a resolution stating "it has become necessary to replace Rev. Latrelle Holmes." Holmes is offended and rightly so.

2012 EM 253
ADOPTED: 5-11-12
BY THE EMERGENCY MANAGER:
RESOLUTION CONFIRMING REPLACEMENT OF REV. LATRELLE HOLMES
WITH REV. PHILLIP THOMPSON TO SERVE ON THE CITY OF FLINT
EMERGENCY MANAGER’S ADVISORY COMMITTEE
On December 19, 2011, pursuant to the Local Government and School District Fiscal
Accountability Act, Public Act 4 of 2011 (Public Act 4), by way of Emergency Manager Order
No. 8, the City of Flint Emergency Manager’s Advisory Committee (Advisory Committee) was
created; and
The following individuals were recommended and approved by the State Treasurer to
serve on the Advisory Committee: Mayor Dayne Walling, Councilman Delrico Loyd, Kenyetta
Dotson, Latrelle Holmes and Tim Herman;

and It has now become necessary to remove Rev. Latrelle Holmes, and appoint a replacement; and

The Emergency Manager has selected Rev. Phillip Thompson as Rev. Holmes’ replacement, to be effective immediately.

IT IS RESOLVED that as the Emergency Manager of the City of Flint acting pursuant
to the authority of Public Act 4, and the provisions set out in Emergency Manager Order No. 8,
dated December 19, 2011, I confirm the appointment of Rev. Phillip Thompson to the Advisory
Committee, which shall be effective immediately.
Post Sat May 19, 2012 6:36 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

NO MAN CAN SERVE TWO MASTERS

And yet Pastor Holmes seems to be trying. He gave seven reasons for leaving the first advisory committee he was placed on, then was indignant when he felt he was disrespected. Now he and some other ministers have been placed on another non-transparent and publically unknown board by Brown.

Perhaps Holmes left the first one because t he did not get the recognition he felt he deserved?
Post Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:43 am 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

Listeners to Pastor Flynn"s radio program this mornng had Holes on the ropes and even Flynn stated he would not have touched this new committee.
Post Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:20 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

I was concerned about Pastor Holmes when he sat on the Board of the North Central Weed and Seed representing Big Brothers/Big Sisters. It seemed a conflict of interest to me that an organization was represented on the board and received funding through the same organization.

This weed and Seed had many ethical issues and the feds stepped in and removed one Director for misuse of funds and other problems.

Last edited by untanglingwebs on Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:24 pm 
untanglingwebs
El Supremo

CITY OF FLINT
OFFICE OF EMERGENCY MANAGER
MICHAEL K. BROWN

May 18, 2012

Rev. Latrelle Holmes
Greater Galilee Baptist Church
4418 Industrial Avenue
Flint, Michigan 48505

Dear Pastor Holmes:

I am in receipt of your resignation letter dated May 2, 2012 and Ithank you for your
service on the Emergency Manager’s Advisory Council. Your service at this critical time
in Flint’s history is greatly appreciated.
It is my sincere hope that you will continue to serve on our Finance Advisory
Committee, as we prepare our quarterly reports for the State Treasurer and Governor.
In addition, I hope you will consider serving on either our Master Planning or Charter
Review Committees as they take shape over the next year.
I appreciate your dedication and service to the citizens of Flint.
Sincerely,

Michael K. Brown
Emergency Manager
City Hall
Post Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:32 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: