FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: I have a dare for someone...

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Richard
F L I N T O I D

I present this challange for someone to go into the Collins Funeral Home and take about 50 pictures of the inside. Areas have to include the basement, embalmng room (hopefully the table is still there), garage, main level including each room and the library where the fire place is, offices, third floor including the apartments and old baby casket room and main casket selection room. I also would welcome any and all outside pictures.
How about going to my photobucket and printing those pictures and attempting to match the same angles. Anyone up to the challange?
Even though I would love to see this happen, and I may offer some cash for the pictures, I am in no way presenting this as a contract since doing this would be in violation of the law but, everyone else has been in there and stolened a ton of stuff and all I want are updated pictures.
Good luck!
Richard
Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:30 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

sorry Richard,

even if you got to a triple-dog dare, I wouldn't take you up on it.

not because of the danger. I could address that well enough, but because it is, IMO, illegal to tresspass on other's property without permission [someone owns it and is responsible for it].

Even for what you think is a reasonable cause. Your curiosity should serve your motivation only, not others. To entice others [with someis your motivation and you alone should respond to it. To entice others is inappropriate, and I ask you reconsider your comments and rescind them.

before someone is foolish enough to get into trouble due to them.

just my opinion.

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:36 pm 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

I have clearly stated the risks involved and the issues with the law. As I see it, you are only taking pictures and feel there are greater risks with the locals, not the law!
That is a scary part of town and now that it is warmer I would not be surprised to find homesteaders occupying the building. I will be in Flint in a couple of month and rest assured, I will go in and take the pictures and will post them for all to see.
Richard
Post Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:44 am 
Joe
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Biggie9 schreef:
sorry Richard,

even if you got to a triple-dog dare, I wouldn't take you up on it.

not because of the danger. I could address that well enough, but because it is, IMO, illegal to tresspass on other's property without permission [someone owns it and is responsible for it].

Even for what you think is a reasonable cause. Your curiosity should serve your motivation only, not others. To entice others [with someis your motivation and you alone should respond to it. To entice others is inappropriate, and I ask you reconsider your comments and rescind them.

before someone is foolish enough to get into trouble due to them.

just my opinion.

My god,I think we can wait for the pics.Sounds like you wanted someone to do your work for you.Funeral homes are depressing. Shocked
Post Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:20 am 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

Of course I wanted someone else to do this since I will not be in Flint for a couple of months. I love taking pictures as a timeline and if I could get some updated pictures before I come to town, that would be great!
One day the pictures I've collected will be available (maybe not in my lifetime) to be used as historical data. That is how we preserve our history is through pictures, any and all pictures.

Richard
Post Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:54 am 
shintz62
F L I N T O I D

Smile This sounds like a an Urban Archeology project, to me. Shoot, a clever UA could even get someone to take them through the place legally. Were I not a decrepit 68 yr old gramma, I bet I could do it.
Lord, the time is coming when the whole city of Flint will be of interest to Urban Archeologists. Flint was once a feisty proud city. And then GM left.
Post Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:27 am 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

I was raised in Flint and love the town to death. It breaks my heart to see what has happened to a once beautiful and proud city. It is too bad the city never adjusted once GM began pulling out and know this has been discussed many times before. Personally, I put equal blame on the city's leaders, GM for going to cheaper labor in Mexico, and the union for failing to understand and making labor adjustments.
I love the place and visit as often as I can. I really love the old funeral home and now only have pictures of what is left. I did take photos of the place back in 1977 while working there so I still have that and can compare whatI currently have and those in the day!
Richard
Post Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:12 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: