FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Big camoflage Ford trucks

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
rgillmi
F L I N T O I D

The Eastside is being patrolled by at least two huge Ford trucks, that are dark gray with this sort of white spray paint looking camoflage, maybe black and white, something along those lines. I have seen the trucks all over town, but I seem them drive by my home between Branch and Averil at least ten times a day. They just drive block to block back and forth, with different people driving them at different times. I keep saying that I am going to wave one of them down and ask who they are, but they never stay in one place for long. Does anyone know anything about this crew? I think they may have something to do with the Weed and Seed Program or some type of law enforcement, but they do not have government license plates. Let me know, it is driving me crazy.
Post Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:54 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
MetroGirl
F L I N T O I D

Hi!
This is a common occurrence here in Metro Detroit and in areas where there is some sort of OEM/supplier presence. What you are seeing are new or existing models of Ford vehicles (common across other manufacturers as well) who are testing out a design change in the body of the vehicle and/or testing a modified model. My fiance is a former FORD Engineer who worked exclusively on Ford Superduties and it was common practice for him to stop home with these vehicles as he tested them for wind/door noise, etc. The camo covering is to mask the vehicle from public view as it may not look like the current models of that vehicle that is sold to the public. THe Ford 350's had a lot of problem with door noise/jiggling, so Engineers working to fix the problem will often test drive potential fixes. My fiance says the majority of these are new models not yet seen to the public...So not to worry...I'm just surprised that they've made their way that far north to Flint, unless there is some supplier that is testing up there. These are VERY common here on Detroit expressways...i see them at least once per day.

velda

Post Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:45 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

when future/test vehicles are camouflaged, they aren't done with just spray paint. They are done with anumber of different materials, vinyls/etc to change the vehicle profiles.

i doubt what he is seeing are future models being road tested, if I take his description to mean they are plain painted panels without obvious profile changing devices hangineg/attached to them.

been there done that. we sure didn't drive back and forth in "white/black" paint schemes either, talk about sticking out and trying to draw attention to oneself

lol.

Post Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:15 pm 
MetroGirl
F L I N T O I D

There are no camo 'bras' covering up key areas of the vehicle? just spray paint?
hmmm..."
'
I'll ask my man....and yes, they do camo future models and testdrive. A 2009 Econoline sat in my driveway for sometime with camo 'bras' covering the doors and grill.

Post Tue May 01, 2007 7:35 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

never said they didn't.

just as I said, camo is NOT a camoflauge spray pattern; its bras, stick on panels, black-out panels.

that was not what was described.

Post Tue May 01, 2007 9:23 am 
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

These trucks are test vehicles and are being run out of MDE International on Center Rd and Bristol in Burton. I know the guy in charge. They are legit.
Post Tue May 01, 2007 11:09 am 
rgillmi
F L I N T O I D

I guess that makes sense, but why are these guys coming all the way over to the Eastside if they are from Bristol and Center, and they are seriously passing my house at least every couple of hours and all hours of the day and night.
Post Tue May 01, 2007 2:02 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: