FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: The Kremlin Bar Sign Ryan Eashoo's Bar in Semi Pro Flint Mi
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Kremlin Bar Sign Ryan Eashoo's Bar in Semi Pro Flint Mi

Post Thu May 03, 2007 2:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

my question[s]:

is to code?

is the design substantial enough to remain in place and be used for Ryan's effort, or was it designed for temporary [filming] use, and would have to be refabricated to remain in long-term use?

Its attachment scheme looks a little less than solid for snow/wind loads etc but its hard to tell from the photo what type of fasteners, what its lagged into etc.

Post Thu May 03, 2007 2:53 pm 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

Isn't that building in an historic district... did the movie makers get the ok from the Historic District Commission?
Post Thu May 03, 2007 4:00 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

oooh good question...
Post Thu May 03, 2007 5:11 pm 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

For God's sake it is bringing the downtown area to life even though it may be only for a little while. Who cares about that historic district stuff when the entire downtown area is dead!
Post Fri May 04, 2007 8:13 am 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

I think they were just kiddin' around Richard.......loosen the collar a bit buddy!

Post Fri May 04, 2007 10:10 am 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

I get it guys!
Post Fri May 04, 2007 12:05 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Does this conform to our sign ordinance?
Is Ryan on good terms with Williamson to get the necessary approvals to do business in Flint?
Is he on good terms with the city council to be able to get the liquor license?

Perhaps Ryan should do like the movie makers are doing which is hiring police protection. Then people like would really want to come to his bar to not have to wait an few hours or a few days to see an officer.
Post Fri May 04, 2007 3:00 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

quote:
Steve Myers schreef:

The Kremlin Bar Sign Ryan Eashoo's Bar in Semi Pro Flint Mi

Post Fri May 04, 2007 3:04 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

we are just joking, and yes, it is revitalizing downtown, but the point is if some people HAVE to follow the rules, why should others be exempt? Its a tiny little thing, but if ignored, it turns into a monster.
Post Fri May 04, 2007 3:52 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Adam schreef:
Is Ryan on good terms with Williamson to get the necessary approvals to do business in Flint?

Perhaps Ryan should do like the movie makers are doing which is hiring police protection. Then people like would really want to come to his bar to not have to wait an few hours or a few days to see an officer.

I understand they will have walk-up service there at the bar; for a price of course. You can come to the bar, have a toddy and file a report with an honest to goodness live, breathing police officer.

Part of the community officer bureau.....

Post Fri May 04, 2007 5:21 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

The sign was built for long term use, and it was installed just for 2 days filming. The sign wasn't fully installed, but put up for filming for 2 days.
The sign was never hard wired into the building, just hanging on the steal from from a old sign.

quote:
Biggie9 schreef:
my question[s]:

is to code?

is the design substantial enough to remain in place and be used for Ryan's effort, or was it designed for temporary [filming] use, and would have to be refabricated to remain in long-term use?

Its attachment scheme looks a little less than solid for snow/wind loads etc but its hard to tell from the photo what type of fasteners, what its lagged into etc.

Post Sat May 05, 2007 5:52 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

LOL

quote:
Richard schreef:
I get it guys!

Post Sat May 05, 2007 5:54 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

The building is in a historic district, however no permit was required for this sign since it was not wired or permanently attached. The sign hung on the old steal from an older sign that was once there, and was plugged into the generators that were going in the back of the building. It was never hardwired into the building, currently no electrical service is on at the building

When I decide to make it a permanent part of the building both a building permit and HDC approval will be needed.

quote:
Josh Freeman schreef:
Isn't that building in an historic district... did the movie makers get the ok from the Historic District Commission?

Post Sat May 05, 2007 5:57 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

a.) it does conform, but permit is needed to install.
also HDC approval would be needed to install

b. Who is williamson?

c.) A liquor license is in escrow from that location already, both buildings were previously bars.

d.) Police get free beer and pizza when in uniform.. lol

quote:
Adam schreef:

Post Sat May 05, 2007 5:59 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: