FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: New "Do Not Buy Gas" strategy

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Richard
F L I N T O I D

Here is the latest effort to show big oil companies just exactly who is in charge when it comes to regulating the cost of gas.
We all know the one day "Do not buy gas" did not work so, this is a new stategy.
There are plenty of gas stations out there but if we, the American consumer, were not to buy gas from Mobil Oil and Exxon Oil whatsoever, it would only be a matter of time before they would be forced to lower their gas prices. Once they do it then the other companies would be forced to do so as well.
So starting today, STOP buying gas from Mobil or Exxon!
Give it a try knowing this will not work overnight.
Post Tue May 22, 2007 10:50 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Richard schreef:
Here is the latest effort to show big oil companies just exactly who is in charge when it comes to regulating the cost of gas.
We all know the one day "Do not buy gas" did not work so, this is a new stategy.
There are plenty of gas stations out there but if we, the American consumer, were not to buy gas from Mobil Oil and Exxon Oil whatsoever, it would only be a matter of time before they would be forced to lower their gas prices. Once they do it then the other companies would be forced to do so as well.

Geez...
do you ever THINK or examine any of these chain emails you get?

do you also buy all the penis enlargement devices, and whatever else is being scammed on the internet? do you routinely give your bank account info to some Niggerian prince or military officer so he can share with you the bountiful hoard of cash he has hidden in the country?

Are you really this naive is my question?

Did you sleep through whatever economics class you had in high school or college?

come on Richard, we've discussed these scam gas protest actions.

do we need to explain to you that this "new" one has been around for about 5+ years [same companies too] and WHY it is a scam/spoof for the unwitting???...at the very least you do us ALL a disservice by using bandwidth to keep these scam/spoofs alive.

Please stop it. This is no different than promulgating a virus to others. Its uncivil and frankly makes you look foolish [which I do not think you are from your other posts].

Post Tue May 22, 2007 9:36 pm 
JBToolFist
F L I N T O I D

What's this you say!? Sir Prince William Umfufu contacted you too?

I gave him my bank account numbers and PINs so he could transfer his families inheritance to my account for safe keeping while he escaped the coup occuring in his country! I'm suppossed to keep 10% of it for helping his family out! How much do you get to keep?

We're gonna be rich! Yippee!

Hey Richard, if somebody flashes their lights at you. DON'T flash them back it could be GANG MEMBERS!

And if you're ever at the bar, don't drink with strangers! you could wake up missing one of your kidneys!

And there's this little girl who is going to die in Texas unless she gets 1000 business cards. Will you send her one? and tell all your friends too!

And I've got a business opportunity for you...........but I can't talk to you about it right now........I need to meet with you first....and bring my "business associate" He's better at explaining the business. What's that you ask? A pyramid? NAW! It's nothing like that, it's called "network scamming" -er! I mean, "network marketing" Just have your checkbook ready.

P.T. Barnum was most certainly right!

"If you ain't from Flint, then it's like straight up F*&^ You!" - The Dayton Family

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiV_ue-PbL4
Post Wed May 23, 2007 5:24 am 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

I have to be honest with you guys, I am so pissed off about the high cost of fuel I can't hardly stand it. I cringe eveytime I am forced to put gas in my car and wish there was something that can be done. We as Americans have always been able to band together and take action providing we do it as a group. Here in Florida property taxes and home insurance went through the roof over the last couple of years. Taxes increased due to false property values allowing local offices to raise rates according to values. Insurance went through the roof due to hurricane destruction. The locals got together and started fighting this and everyone thought there was no way you can fight the governement or big insurance companies. It did not happen overnight but as we met with our local represenatives the message was, "We are sick of it and demand action." Well guess what, due to the efforts of the people starting in June insurance rates are dropping 40% and taxes have been rolled back.
The same can be done if the people would do this together-can't you guys see this? How long will a corner Mobil gas station stay in business if he is not selling gas? How about the Exxon station across town if he is not selling gas? Look at the old Collins Funeral Home that is closed and out of business. If you do not make profits you do not stay in business.
It can be done but one person cannot do it alone. Once again, plenty of gas stations out there so just do not buy from Mobil and Exxon.
Doing nothing gets you NOTHING!
And to add to this, I will be riding my bicycle to work two days a week and riding the Sportster the other days. My gas expense should be cut in half from the $30 bucks a week I spend to $15. Not much but EVERY little bit helps!
Post Wed May 23, 2007 8:58 am 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

You mean to tell me I did not win a 20 million dollar lottery in Nigeria? I'm so dissappointed.

It's a joke!

Richard
(the I'm not buying Mobil or Exxon gas man)
Post Wed May 23, 2007 9:11 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I am pissed off too...

quote:
Richard schreef:
I have to be honest with you guys, I am so pissed off about the high cost of fuel I can't hardly stand it. I cringe eveytime I am forced to put gas in my car and wish there was something that can be done. We as Americans have always been able to band together and take action providing we do it as a group. Here in Florida property taxes and home insurance went through the roof over the last couple of years. Taxes increased due to false property values allowing local offices to raise rates according to values. Insurance went through the roof due to hurricane destruction. The locals got together and started fighting this and everyone thought there was no way you can fight the governement or big insurance companies. It did not happen overnight but as we met with our local represenatives the message was, "We are sick of it and demand action." Well guess what, due to the efforts of the people starting in June insurance rates are dropping 40% and taxes have been rolled back.
The same can be done if the people would do this together-can't you guys see this? How long will a corner Mobil gas station stay in business if he is not selling gas? How about the Exxon station across town if he is not selling gas? Look at the old Collins Funeral Home that is closed and out of business. If you do not make profits you do not stay in business.
It can be done but one person cannot do it alone. Once again, plenty of gas stations out there so just do not buy from Mobil and Exxon.
Doing nothing gets you NOTHING!
And to add to this, I will be riding my bicycle to work two days a week and riding the Sportster the other days. My gas expense should be cut in half from the $30 bucks a week I spend to $15. Not much but EVERY little bit helps!

Post Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:35 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Velda is right, Boycott CHAVEZ!

quote:
Biggie9 schreef:
quote:
Richard schreef:

Geez...

do you also buy all the penis enlargement devices, and whatever else is being scammed on the internet? do you routinely give your bank account info to some Niggerian prince or military officer so he can share with you the bountiful hoard of cash he has hidden in the country?

Did you sleep through whatever economics class you had in high school or college?

do we need to explain to you that this "new" one has been around for about 5+ years [same companies too] and WHY it is a scam/spoof for the unwitting???...at the very least you do us ALL a disservice by using bandwidth to keep these scam/spoofs alive.

Please stop it. This is no different than promulgating a virus to others. Its uncivil and frankly makes you look foolish [which I do not think you are from your other posts].

Post Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:35 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
MetroGirl
F L I N T O I D

Velda doesnt want you to boycott Chavez----she wants you to buy his gas...

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:
Velda is right, Boycott CHAVEZ!

quote:
Biggie9 schreef:
quote:
Richard schreef:

Geez...

Post Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:46 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: