FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Use for the Brown Funeral Home before it is too late...

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Richard
F L I N T O I D

According to the news report the company that owns the Brown Funeral Home are not sure what to do with the building. How about donating it to the City of Flint for a community center and take a tax write off?
Is something like that possible Ryan? If the building is worth 1 million and it's donated, could the company take a 1 million tax write-off for it.
Richard
Post Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:41 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Richard that is a great idea, they could donate it to a local non profit and take a tax write of for whatever it appraises at. We need this building to continue to be a asset to the east side area and the whole City of Flint.

quote:
Richard schreef:
According to the news report the company that owns the Brown Funeral Home are not sure what to do with the building. How about donating it to the City of Flint for a community center and take a tax write off?
Is something like that possible Ryan? If the building is worth 1 million and it's donated, could the company take a 1 million tax write-off for it.
Richard

Post Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:29 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Richard
F L I N T O I D

Thanks Ryan. I'm sure they may have discussed this amongst themselves but I will make a call to tickle their ear about it. Maybe something can be done.
Richard
Post Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:42 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Awesome let me know!

quote:
Richard schreef:
Thanks Ryan. I'm sure they may have discussed this amongst themselves but I will make a call to tickle their ear about it. Maybe something can be done.
Richard

Post Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:40 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
JustAskMe
F L I N T O I D

A Community Center on the Eastside would be a wonderful resource for residents. There could be so many good things that could be delivered through the Center - haven't been there for a while; from what I remember it was always beautiful building.

Post Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:05 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I agree with you 100%

quote:
JustAskMe schreef:
A Community Center on the Eastside would be a wonderful resource for residents. There could be so many good things that could be delivered through the Center - haven't been there for a while; from what I remember it was always beautiful building.

Post Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:53 pm 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

I made the call and got to talk with a manager there. The response was not that warm but, I will send a letter to the corporate office in Houston.
Richard
Post Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:46 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: