FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Flint crime rate up 13%

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Richard
F L I N T O I D

Sad to read in the Flint Journal that the violent crime rate has risen 13% over last year. I have to believe it will only continue to get worse rather than better.
What do you think?
Post Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:37 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

When you break it down by race , area and income Flint is safe.

The chances of an average guy or gal is being involed in a crime is slim unless you are going Ho hunting or you need a crack fix.

It is not just Flint Michigan's crime rated the is on the rise, it is happening across the state.

A quick fix to a crime problem would be to deputize all the retired military in the area, Hell I would do it for free once or twice a week.
But then, Keith Spears and his band of nut-heads would cry foul unless we join a hokie union.

Post Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:13 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

wait... i just heard on the news that the rate of crime in Flint has dropped, except for burglery, which has risen. am I mistaken?
Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:50 am 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

My issue of the Flint Journal right on the front page says violent crime rate is up but, I see on ABC News that all crime was down except burglary. Go figure.
I agree, crime rates are up everywhere and if you were not out there up to no good, there would be no crime. I live 55 minutes from Orlando and they are having one of the highest increases in violent crime this year. They say it is due to hispanic and black gang activity.
Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:51 am 
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

http://www.time.com/time/2007/violent_crimes/
Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:40 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

It's not only in Flint!!! People are going to the 'burbs also, since some of the 'burbs are close to the expressways, people can commit the crimes and hop right onto 1-75, 23 and 475.

Remember the guy that robbed the bank in Grand Blanc Twp and hopped onto I-75 and crashed into the old weigh station down there? I would say all of Genesee County is suffering. Yet, Flint IS suffering the most out of everyone.

I don't think that Williamson realizes what he does, does affect the surrounding communities.............<sigh>.
Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:24 pm 
JBToolFist
F L I N T O I D

Just remember: poverty and lack of jobs are NOT the cause of crime and violence. Bad parenting, and lack of positive role models is the primary cause of crime.

"If you ain't from Flint, then it's like straight up F*&^ You!" - The Dayton Family

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiV_ue-PbL4
Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:18 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

quote:
Bossman schreef:
http://www.time.com/time/2007/violent_crimes/

One good thing, Flint will be off the list in a year or two because our population will be below 100,000 .

Last edited by Steve Myers on Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:55 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

there you go...brilliant solution.

that candidate that wants to bus citizens out to jobs.....do you think they really want to return? Maybe we could reduce the population that way?

maybe if we bus the hoods out of town, use whatever pretense necessary....only don't bring them back?

Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:41 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Howdy JB,

Yes, you are partially correct, in my opinion. There are a myriad of variables as why to one steals and kills. Does being brought up in a "bad household" give one the excuse to rob, rape, plunder, and murder? Is this to believe that all of Flint parents are bad parents? There are plenty of people that have come from "bad households" and have "made it".
Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:43 pm 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

waiting for all the sugarcoating to begin.....remember, If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck!
Man! The reality stick strikes Flint again! Thats gotta hurt!

Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:45 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Tegan schreef:
wait... i just heard on the news that the rate of crime in Flint has dropped, except for burglery, which has risen. am I mistaken?

two totally separate sets of data allow this apparent conundrum to exist.

The local constabulary is reporting data for the first quarter of this year...hmmmm, lets see there is an election coming soon, and the incumbents personal servant/acting police chief is reporting this....nahhhh...couldn't be cooked stats just to make the mayor look good...nahhh, stop it Big, you're going all cynical again.....

on the other hand, the FBI data is for 2006 [they released preliminary 2006 data on June 4th; final report is due in September this year].

Also note the fine print, the entire state of Illinois is not included in the data. How is that? How did they opt out? Chicago, or any other city in that state [East St. Louis is no bed of roses, I used to live in St. Louis] is not included, nor is Alaska, or hawaii [ok we don't think ofthem in terms of crime]....

so thats how the two apparently conflicting stories co-exisiting...

There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics. - Benjamin Disraeli (1804 - 1881)

Post Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:22 pm 
Bossman
F L I N T O I D

Dammit Biggie.....would you quit peering through all the smoke the mayor and the chief are trying to create. How the hell is "The Don" gonna get reelected if you keeping tearing down their facades.
Post Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:21 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

[quote="Steve Myers]
A quick fix to a crime problem would be to deputize all the retired military in the area, Hell I would do it for free once or twice a week.
But then, Keith Spears and his band of nut-heads would cry foul unless we join a hokie union.[/quote]

Aren't militias legal?

Post Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:31 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: