FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: New York City <-> Flint direct shuttle service in Nove

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Shawn Chittle
F L I N T O I D

http://www.bishopairport.org/press-releases/american-eagle-nonstop-jet-service-to-new-york-laguardia.htm

Wow, I was blown away when I read this announcement. This can only OUTSTANDING NEWS for Flint. Anything we can do to get more people from NYC into Flint and vice versa is a big, big BIG deal.

Economically it means the two cities are more connected than ever before, although I have been preaching this from the highest rafters for years now.

I wonder if Dave Westin will be taking this shuttle, man he's like the best kept secret Flint has ever had.

What -- if anything -- do people think Flint will gain from this? How is the city/county planning on capitalizing on this? C'mon its being spoon fed to you, make it happen Flint!
Post Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:35 am 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

It is obvious there must be a demand for this or it would not be happening. The big question is: "Why are the people of NYC coming to Flint?" I can understand the business man from Flint needing to get to NYC and as with anything, if the demand drops so will the service.
I love my direct flights on AirTran from Orlando to Flint and back.
Richard
Post Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:30 am 
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

That really is exciting! I hope it is not too expensive. How nice not to have to drive to Detroit, Bishop is so easy compared to the bigger airports.
Post Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:14 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

This is awesome news for Flint Clubers to connect with each other. I also think this will be good for Bishop Airport too..

Post Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:56 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Shawn Chittle
F L I N T O I D

I did a survey at LaGuardia today with a bunch of people flying to Detroit, and the overall, 100% consensus was they'd rather fly out of Flint than face the mess that is Metro.

Flint, grab those travel dollars, baby.

By the way, NWA cancelled all flights so no one got to Detroit (or Flint) today.
Post Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:37 am 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

Tried getting out of Orlando last night only to see that AirTran cancelled it's Flint flight. I flew into Detroit instead and have to agree, I much prefer flying into Flint-traffic was BAD!
Beautiful Saturday morning today.
Ricahrd
Post Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:14 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

Is Detroits airport at least better looking now? I heard they did an expensive addition. Years ago when I flew to Orlando it was so depressing to land back at the grungy Detroit airport.

Post Sat Aug 04, 2007 10:58 am 
Shawn Chittle
F L I N T O I D

It's the whole traffic, parking, large scale, thing at Detroit that is the reason Flint is the better choice.

The NWA terminal at DTW is very nice, but trying parking and walking and dealing with that mass of humanity. Not real fun when you can park 50 feet away from the entrance at Bishop. And it's RIGHT off I-75 and what a beautiful building. It's QUIET there, too. They need entertainment/bar/restaurant there. That little thing is just not cutting it.

The only thing that sucks about Bishop (and its not their fault) is the TSA staff. On almost every occasion -- unprofessional and overbearing.

Trivia: anyone know why Bishop is called "International?"
Post Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:01 pm 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

The Detroit Airport is under construction. They are building a complete new terminal with an opening sometime in 2009. It will be beautiful. The old terminals are still in use and once you've experienced them , you will understand why new ones are on the way.
Richard
Post Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:03 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: