FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: question about demolition

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
brianstarr
F L I N T O I D

i just have a question so maybe somebody can help me i was just wondering if anybody knew why on earth is there such a incredibly long delay in between the time the city decides that a house needs to be torn down and the time they actually do it ? and it seems to me that the redtape needs to be done away with or maybe we need more demo crews plus a demo inspector that cares instead of one that has the attitude that its easier for the city to do nothing and just let these dumps rot instead of taking these rotting abandoned houses down cause over half my block is boarded up rotting abandoned housing and it makes the rest of the block look like a giant mess and why does it take seven different agencys to sign off on one house before the city can demo it?
Post Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:30 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Its one of life's biggest mysteries! If you find out please let me know!

Post Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:40 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
brianstarr
F L I N T O I D

thanks for the response cause i got major blight issues in my area and the block i live on over half the block is boarded up rotting housing and the response i get from code enforcement about this is that its easier for the city to let these places rot than it is for them to come in and demo this places and with devils night coming i fear that someones going to torch these places since someone already tried to fire bomb one of them
Post Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:29 pm 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

the mayor, the honorable donald, has open office hours weekly. I believe they used to be wednesday mornings, but i could be wrong. Check out the city website and call his office.

the one the donald is, its responsive to complaints of the citizens of the city.

So I suggest, go in, with pictures and get him behind you. He is big on tearing down abandoned houses.

that is what I would do

Post Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:11 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: