FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: What's the word on the Character Inn

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Richard
F L I N T O I D

Anybody know what is happening with the downtown hotel?

Richard
Post Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:59 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Richard schreef:

Richard

For sale...potential developer looking at converting it to U of M-Flint dorms.
Post Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:16 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

A buyer has an offer on it, he is doing his due diligence on the property.
He is trying to find out his best option for the future use of the structure.
Possible Dorms, Office, Retail, small percentage used as a hotel.

quote:
Richard schreef:

Richard

Post Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:00 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Richard
F L I N T O I D

I feel with the right marketing the Charactor Inn could still be used as a hotel, just not a 300+ room hotel. I have 30 years in the hotel business and know if managed correctly it would work. After all, there is a small Holiday Inn Express just blocks away and it manages to stay open. You just need the right flag on the property too.
Post Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:11 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Right On Richard! The Hyatt didn't make it because of bad decisions on their end. People want quality, and people expect certain things from the Hospitality Industry. I stayed a few nights at the hotel in 1998 and was very dissatisfied with the stay.

If they would make it attractive and up to date it would be very busy and would make money. The Holiday Inn Express less than a half mile away does a phenomenal business! They strieve for customer satisfaction and have pumped in over 2 million dollars in upgrades and repairs into the property since 2005

quote:
Richard schreef:
I feel with the right marketing the Charactor Inn could still be used as a hotel, just not a 300+ room hotel. I have 30 years in the hotel business and know if managed correctly it would work. After all, there is a small Holiday Inn Express just blocks away and it manages to stay open. You just need the right flag on the property too.

Post Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:23 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: