FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Attendence down for Genesee County Fair... when was that?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

So I just read the article in the Flint Journal about attendence being down 25% for the Genesee County Fair...

Now, I'm a huge media audience member. I'm always online, in my car listening to the radio, or watching tv, and I never saw anything telling me when the dates were for the Fair. I don't remember seeing ANY advertising for it, in fact.

However, I did hear radio commercials for the Saginaw County Fair and one other one, mostly because of the bands they were hosting.

So before the GCF starts blaming gas prices, the economy, or whatever, they should take a good hard look at their marketing campaign first.

Like many of the problems around here, not everything can be solved with an "it's not OUR fault" attitude.

Wow, that sounded a lot more pissy than I intended. Sorry.
Post Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:55 am 
Biggie9
F L I N T O I D

its traditionally in the middle of August...usually starting around the 13-14...depending upon the calendar, and runs Monday to Sunday.

don't you recall the "Have Fun, Play Fair...the Genesee County Fair" tag lines on the radio...perhaps TV?

Post Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:51 am 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

actually i don't remember a thing about it. To be fair, I was out of the country from the 4th until the 15th, but still...

maybe they can rent some billboards along the expressways...
Post Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:27 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: