FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Has Anyone..........

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
andi03
F L I N T O I D

ever dialed 911 from their cell phone in Genesee County before?

I had to dial 911 from my cell phone last night at about 11:15 on my way to the Emergency Animal Clinic. There was a car that went into the ditch, took the corner toooo fast going "south" on Ballenger/12th Street just south of Miller.

Anyway, I called and it routed to Flint City 911!!! They said that they had to call the State Police. Yet about 13 minutes(?) later, the correct jurisdiction Flint Township showed up. I am not upset about the response time, well kinda, since I HAD and emergency!! But no one was really injured.

Has anyone else had to call 911 from their cell phone in Genesee County? If so what was the outcome. Please let me know.

Andi

Post Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:28 am 
last time here

damn!!! 13 minutes?? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Post Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:26 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

That's why I put a question mark by it, I am not sure...........could have been that long....dunno.

But I specifically told 911 that NO ONE was hurt, other than just some scrapes. Although, when I called 911 from the cell phone it was directed to Flint City, they in turn stated that they had to call the State Police, was expecting the State but the correct jurisdiction showed up, Flint Township, so between radio calls and finding out whom to dispatch to the correct location, it may have been pretty fast.

Needless to say, I had a booger of a time establishing WHERE on God'd green earth I was!! Was I on 12th street heading east? Or Ballenger heading South of Miller? Near the underpass of what expressway? 75? Sheesh!!! I finally told them where I was, this took about three minutes while trying to get the girls from running to their car that they stopped to see if their friends were alright. I didn't want them leaving the scene of an accident!! OY!!

Plus, my dog was literally almost dying come to find out later!!! OY!! As an aside. Smile

Andi

Post Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:41 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

And of course I am reminded of how many times I have heard that all one needs to be safe is a cell phone. Rolling Eyes Can you imagine what could transpire in 13 minutes waiting for help to arrive. Shocked I got into a rather heated debate with a State Police lieutenant when my wife was applying for her first CPL. He claimed that a cell phone was sufficent for her safety he also claimed thats what his wife used. Ya right. Rolling Eyes
Post Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:02 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

The only thing that I can say is that this one wasn't a full fledged emergency, in my book the car went into the ditch and pride was hurt as it was the 18 year old girl's first accident and man was she wailin'!!! I had to calm her down and keep the other friends that were in the other vehicle from crossing Ballenger at 11:15 or so at night, that was a feat in and of itself!! But I don't know if that caused the delay because someone only had scratches? Or the jurisdictional things........dunno, I prefer to think that it was because of the lack of injuries that I noted after asking them the usual, are you dizzy? Do you hurt anywhere? After the initial adrelaniline settled down I asked them the same questions and still had 911 on the line.

BUT, I did call 911 when my daughter was unresponsive 5 years ago on the cell phone and everyone and their brother arrived within 6 minutes!! So your mileage may vary. Smile

Post Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:49 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: