FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Julius Anthony is going to the big house...

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

Former Flint administrator sentenced to 5 years in prison in child molestation case
Posted by James L. Smith | The Flint Journal November 06, 2007 13:40PM
Categories: Breaking News, Flint, Schools: Flint

Julius AnthonyATLANTA -- Professing his innocence, Julius Anthony, a former top Flint School District administrator, was sentenced today to five years in prison and 10 years of probation in a 1996 Georgia child molestation case.

Anthony showed no remorse and offered no apology to the victim, now 15 and a sophomore in high school, and the victim's mother, who were in courtroom for the sentencing, said Fulton County senior assistant district attorney Kimberly Esmond Adams.

Superior Court Judge John J. Goger required that Anthony register as a sex offender, but did allow for a future expungement of his record.

In 2006, the Georgia Legislature passed a law that prohibits judges from sentencing sex offenders as "first-time" offenders, which had allowed for a convicted person to petition for expungement.

But judges have discretion as to whether to allow people convicted of sex crimes before 2006 to benefit from the "first-time offense" provision.

Adams argued for a 20-year prison sentence, but was satisfied that Anthony received the five-year term.

"I don't want to second-guess the wisdom of the court, but I'm happy that he has to serve some period of time in confinement," Adams said.

A jury found Anthony guilty of fondling a 3-year-old boy in September 1996 at a preschool or day care program at a Georgia facility where Anthony was working.

The victim's mother told the judge her son had acted out with bad behavior in school and needed extensive psychiatric counseling, but was now on the right track, Adams said.

The boy is a musician, Adams said.

"He is a delightful young man and I was pleased to meet him," Adams said.

Adams said Anthony indicated he will appeal his conviction.

About 15 Anthony supporters, which included family, friends and a former employer, were in the court for the sentencing. Six of them testified as character witnesses before the sentencing.

Anthony was a close friend and former colleague of former Flint School Superintendent Walter Milton Jr., who brought him to Flint to work as a school district consultant in December 2005.

The Flint Board of Education hired Anthony in July 2006 as the district's executive director of curriculum. He resigned that September after a background check turned up his criminal record.

http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/newsnow/2007/11/_atlanta_professing_his.html
Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:08 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

They love those child molesters in prison. should make for an interesting 5 years if he survives. And of course if he does survive and gets out he will bear watching since their aint no cure for what he is afflicted with.
Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:16 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
They love those child molesters in prison. should make for an interesting 5 years if he survives.

So....did he get what he deserved or is he going to enjoy his "special" treatment? Shocked Embarassed Twisted Evil
Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:28 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Dont matter if he enjoys it or not its gonna happen. Laughing
Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:48 am 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

Hey twotap....love the new avatar!!!
Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:06 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Thanks, I thought it was fitting. Anytime I see a candidate that had full support of the Dem party as well as a leftist rag like the journal lose an election it puts me in a festive mood. What better way to party than having Jessica do her little dance. Laughing Laughing Razz Lets hope the trend continues into 2008.
Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:38 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: