FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Flint Medical Arts building on Flushing Road to be demo'd

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

I just read in The Flint Journal that after months of wrangling, the abandoned Flint Medical Arts Building in Flint Township will finally be torn down as soon as next week. I hope Genesee Towers will be next. I was told due to its location that it cannot be imploded. But there are big machines which can crush the reinforced concrete stucture.

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:58 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

The Medical Arts Building use to be the building to be in back in the day, once again its sad to see such a good building in such a state. However, it does need to be torn down!

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:23 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Flinn I hope they save that building ( Genesee Towers) and renovate it into a first class faculity like it once was. If we can save Durant Hotel, Berridge Hotel, And those buildings in the 500 block, we can save Genesee Towers! Why spend millions to clean up lead, asbestos etc and tear it down???? We could put those dollars to better use to renovate it.

quote:
Flinn's Journal schreef:
I just read in The Flint Journal that after months of wrangling, the abandoned Flint Medical Arts Building in Flint Township will finally be torn down as soon as next week. I hope Genesee Towers will be next. I was told due to its location that it cannot be imploded. But there are big machines which can crush the reinforced concrete stucture.

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:30 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

It depends on how much it would cost to rehab the building as opposed to tearing it down and starting over. It's the building inspector's call. If there is no interest in the building, public safety comes first.

Post Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:38 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: