FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: For those who say pot or weed not dangerous

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Argument over pot led to shooting death, witness says at Flint court hearing
Posted by Paul Janczewski | The Flint Journal December 27, 2007 18:00PM
Categories: Breaking News, Courts, Crime, Flint

An argument over a bag of weed in February 2006 led to one man being shot to death, a witness said during a court hearing.

That testimony was enough for a judge to order Julian L. Mitchell of Flint to stand trial.

Flint District Judge Herman Marable Jr. scheduled a Jan. 14 circuit court arraignment for Mitchell, 20, on charges of open murder, felony murder, assault with intent to rob while armed, and felony firearms use in the slaying of Reginald L. Smith II.

Marable dismissed a charge of carrying a concealed weapon against Mitchell at the conclusion of the preliminary examination.

Kellie R. Rogers, 20, told assistant Genesee County Prosecutor Karen Hanson she was at a party at the Orchard Ridge apartment complex on W. Pierson Road, east of Clio Road on Feb. 11, 2006.

Rogers said she was dating Mitchell at the time.

She said Smith, 24, came to the party about 11:30 p.m. and was to buy a bag of marijuana from Mitchell but later refused to pay him.

Rogers said the two began to argue, and then fight. Another man who was with Mitchell joined in, striking Smith with a pot so hard that the utensil bent.

Later, that man allegedly handed Mitchell a handgun, and Rogers said it went off during the tussle.

Smith died from a single gunshot to the face, according to an autopsy report.

Rogers told attorney Thomas R. McCombs, who represents Mitchell, that Smith first told Mitchell that he had paid for the weed, and then that he needed change to pay him.

She said Mitchell had Smith in a headlock near the front door when the gun went off.

Rogers said Mitchell told his friend to grab money from Smith's pockets. While she did not see if the man took any cash from the victim, Rogers said when everyone was outside, Mitchell gave the gun back to the man and told him to get rid of it.

McCombs argued that Mitchell should stand trial only on a charge of second degree murder because this was "a fistfight that got out of hand."

Hanson argued that Mitchell's intent to rob Smith after he was shot raised the actions to felony murder.

Mitchell was recently determined competent for trial after an examination at a state facility.

He is being held without bond at the Genesee County jail.

Source:
http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/newsnow/2007/12/argument_over_pot_led_to_shoot.html
Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:24 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Oh cmon give the dude a break. No jobs, no weed, no money, probably raised in public housing, aint his fault.
Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:18 am 
last time here

enjoy prison julian...sleep well.

Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:43 am 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

yeah, that sucks, but people also shoot eachother over shoes, over cars, and over money. That doesn't necessarily mean that we should make shoes, cars, or money illegal....

plus, (and this DOES NOT condone shooting someone or selling weed illegally) if weed was legal and the buy refused to pay the seller, the seller could have filed a police report...
Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:18 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hell i've seen on Cops where some crack junkie called and tried to file a complaint against her dealer for screwing her on a $20 crack deal. Laughing Laughing
Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:33 pm 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

yeah I've seen that too. Or prostitutes who are too dumb to get their money up front and file complaints about a john who refuses to pay....
Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:27 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
enjoy prison julian...sleep well.

heh heh heh...yeah...with your back against the wall, biotch.

Link
Post Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:11 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: