FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Digital TV changeover next year

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

The U.S. Department of Commerce has opened its web site about the conversion to digital TV. All analog TV transmitters are to be turned off on February 2009 so for those without a digital TV by that time, each household can get up to two discount coupons for digital converter boxes. Details at https://www.dtv2009.gov/

Post Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:41 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Our local Comcast will deliver all PEG programming digitally by Jan. 15, 2008 (moving channels 70, 18, and 17 to 900, 902 and 916). Comcast will charge $4.20 per month for a digital converter.

The following comes from the website referenced above, and I urge anyone with analog TV check it out.

TV Converter Box Coupon Program Website - FAQs
Background on Digital Television
#13. I'm a cable customer. Will I be affected by the transmission?

Cable and satellite subscribers should check with their providers before February 17, 2009, to see how they are handling the transition. TVs connected to cable, satellite or other pay TV service will not require a TV converter box from this program.

Source: https://www.dtv2009.gov/FAQ.aspx
Accessed: January 2, 2008
Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:23 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

This means my little bunny rabbit antennas will not work and I will need to purchase two of them?

I have a television at our place in the UP with bunny ears and one down here near my kitchen sink. Notice I said near. Smile

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:19 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hey if ya do I believe this joke will be appropriate.
Two television aerials got married. The wedding was rubbish but the reception was brilliant!

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:45 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Tt:

You're crazy......oy.

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:51 am 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

I used to tell that joke, but never used word "rubbish"! Laughing

Watch national award-winning “Comedy On Tap” Thursdays and Fridays at 8pm. Both on Comcast channel 17. Go to my website at: http://markbonto.com and listen to me, and see me live at The White Horse on the radio: Wednesdays 7-7:30am on WKUF 94.3 FM.
Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:10 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Kinda crappy sounds better.

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:36 pm 
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

Let's not start that again! Rolling Eyes Laughing

Watch national award-winning “Comedy On Tap” Thursdays and Fridays at 8pm. Both on Comcast channel 17. Go to my website at: http://markbonto.com and listen to me, and see me live at The White Horse on the radio: Wednesdays 7-7:30am on WKUF 94.3 FM.
Post Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:53 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Mark Bonto
F L I N T O I D

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
Our local Comcast will deliver all PEG programming digitally by Jan. 15, 2008 (moving channels 70, 18, and 17 to 900, 902 and 916). Comcast will charge $4.20 per month for a digital converter.

The following comes from the website referenced above, and I urge anyone with analog TV check it out.

TV Converter Box Coupon Program Website - FAQs
Background on Digital Television
#13. I'm a cable customer. Will I be affected by the transmission?

Cable and satellite subscribers should check with their providers before February 17, 2009, to see how they are handling the transition. TVs connected to cable, satellite or other pay TV service will not require a TV converter box from this program.

Source: https://www.dtv2009.gov/FAQ.aspx
Accessed: January 2, 2008

A week from Tuesday Comcast will officially become digital.

Everybody needs to go to the saveaccessflint.org website! Write your legislators! Ask them why they voted for the Universal Franchise Agreement! Tell them how you feel!

Post Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:59 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: