FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Snowing in Florida

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Richard
F L I N T O I D

Yes it is true. We are expecting snow flurries tonight here in Florida. I will be running my sprinklers tonight in hopes of creating ice on the lawn and perhaps, I can get my snowmobile out for a quick ride. Here she is peaking out of the garage ready to go!
I also added a picture of the poinsetta plant we planted from last year. Looks great!
Richard
Flint Native

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:51 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I get a kick out of how some people panic at the sight of a few snow flakes. We drove through Nashville a couple years ago after they had 2" of snow; more cars in the ditches than on the road. From the sound of the radio stations, I thought they'd be declaring martial law.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:51 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Richard
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
I get a kick out of how some people panic at the sight of a few snow flakes. We drove through Nashville a couple years ago after they had 2" of snow; more cars in the ditches than on the road. From the sound of the radio stations, I thought they'd be declaring martial law.

I know. Down here if it rains hard people freak out and, most of them are people from the north who, you would think, knew what it is like to drive in bad weather.

Richard
Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:12 pm 
last time here

why that's disgusting...no man should be that happy!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:24 pm 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

I live in the Nashville area and people freak out whenver a few flakes fall from the sky. Whats even funnier is seeing how fast they shut the schools down for just a light dusting of snow. The never closed the Flint city schools when I was growing up.
Post Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:40 am 
Richard
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ponycar schreef:
I live in the Nashville area and people freak out whenver a few flakes fall from the sky. Whats even funnier is seeing how fast they shut the schools down for just a light dusting of snow. The never closed the Flint city schools when I was growing up.

They most certainly did not. I can remember walking to school with snow almost up to my butt. Of course I then had to swim across a 5 mile stretch of lake too. Wink
Richard
Post Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:07 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ponycar schreef:

What I noticed driving through there in the snow was that people don't have the proper tires for it. Not bald, just not the right tread for snow.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:58 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Opinionated
F L I N T O I D

It's true that they never closed Flint schools (or extremely rare) when I growing up. I walked through the snow, on my head, backwards...wait - that's my dad talking about when he was a kid!

Post Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:40 pm 
Al Garcia
F L I N T O I D

c'mon! We got 20 plus inches over New Years eve and New Years day! We have already had close to 50 inches of snow here in Maine. Over 100 inches in the mountains!
Ive used my snowblower 9 times since Dec 10th. I only used it 8 times all last winter! The snow banks on the side of my drive way are about 7 feet high.
We were below zero yesterday.
Now its suppose to be in the uperr 50's here this weekend!

Post Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:24 pm 
last time here

see, i TOLD you guys AL missed FLINT!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:46 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: