FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Witherbee's Market & Deli, Downtown
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I know a Flint Township Police Officer who will not let his wife go to the Valley alone after dark. He says it's too dangerous.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:21 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Its wise to avoid the Meijers parking lots also when the sun goes down.
Post Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:52 am 
last time here

all ya gotta do is stay alert.. no problem.. Shocked Shocked

Post Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:36 pm 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

There really isn't any safe place around here. Or anywhere. No matter where you go, If you are alone or unprepared, you are a potential victim.

Just ask those ladies who were assaulted and raped in broad day light in the Genesee Valley and Courtland Center parking lots about what is safe and what isn't.

If an area is perceived as unsafe and good, law abiding people avoid it, then how can we ever expect to take it back?

I'm looking foward to Witherbee's. I'll drive there from Grand Blanc to do some shopping. Maybe not every time I shop, but sometimes.
Post Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:37 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
all ya gotta do is stay alert.. no problem..

I agree alert and prepared. Actually I was referring to the ladies out there who the punks seem to prefer. I used to worry about my late Mother when she would go to the malls or Meijers alone but thankfully she avoided getting mugged.
Post Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:48 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I got a bette idea Tegan, why not buy or rent a house downtown? We have a lot of them available, then you can walk to Witherbees!

quote:
Tegan schreef:
There really isn't any safe place around here. Or anywhere. No matter where you go, If you are alone or unprepared, you are a potential victim.

Just ask those ladies who were assaulted and raped in broad day light in the Genesee Valley and Courtland Center parking lots about what is safe and what isn't.

If an area is perceived as unsafe and good, law abiding people avoid it, then how can we ever expect to take it back?

I'm looking foward to Witherbee's. I'll drive there from Grand Blanc to do some shopping. Maybe not every time I shop, but sometimes.

Post Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

I'd love to, but I have to drive to Ypsilanti four times a week, so Grand Blanc is a little closer than Flint.

As far as buying a house in Flint? I'd love to. They are cheap and there is potential, but the chances of my getting a good paying job in Genesee County in the field of Historic Preservation is slim to none, so we'll probably have to move away. :(
Post Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:05 pm 
kaypurdue

If they plan on carrying fresh produce there that's offered at the Flint Farmer's Market, and be open seven days a week, I will definitely shop there. That would make it a lot more convenient for me than trying to get to the farmer's market which is only open a few days a week (and closes too early for me to get there after work). I live right by a Kroger, but hate buying produce there because I never know where it comes from!

I agree, it will be a welcome addition to downtown and hopefully make good healthy food that much more accessible for city dwellers.
Post Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:31 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Where do the produce vendors at Farmers Market buy theirs?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:06 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
last time here

eastern market in detroit perhaps?

Post Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:25 pm 
Opprimo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Where do the produce vendors at Farmers Market buy theirs?

I know personally a few of the vendors are local farmers, but I'm not sure where all of the goodies come from. (Originally, I was told that All the vendors at the farmer's market were local growers, but not sure if that has changed)

Post Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:20 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I know at one time one of the meat vendors alo ran Lapeer Dragway. Very Happy
Post Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:54 pm 
last time here

can't remember his name. think he was a polish kat. real nice
guy. he turned me on to "yeternitchka"..(i KNOW this is spelled wrong).
it was a sausage that had rice inside. i liked it because it reminded
me of louisiana "boudin" sausage... he passed away. a great guy!! Laughing

Post Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:49 pm 
moxie229
F L I N T O I D

I'm new, but I have my view.. One, Yes they are taking a chance opening any store in downtown flint. But remember even a turtle has to stick his neck out to get anyware. I'm sure it dosent hurt having the DDA, and/or the Mott Foundation footing most of the bill/grant. Two, at least 50% of the farmers at the Flint City Market are truck farmers who drive to all parts of the state to buy there product. Lastly keep the windows.
Post Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:54 am 
omgasmurf
F L I N T O I D

i may be moving like 3 blocks away and I'm stoked for this store to open. Hopefully more will pop around the area.
Post Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:29 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: