FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Community Supported Agriculture

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
squash
F L I N T O I D

I see that there is a meeting tonight at First Pres. where local farmers can arrange to sell directly to local consumers. Anybody ever participated in this? Are there any farmers reading or do you know of any organic growers that sell direct?
Post Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:03 am 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

One of the people I know buys direct from farmers. He actually buys raw organic milk and organic beef. Let me know if you went to this meeting.
Post Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:11 pm 
squash
F L I N T O I D

I did go to this meeting and I must say I am very excited about participating. It is the perfect "win-win" situation. Growers are able to collect $ before they put there seeds in the ground and me, the consumer, gets fresh, chemical-free, locally grown produce, meat and dairy. Keep your money here and meet the people who produce the food you eat. Also it was sponsored by the Flint Farmer's Market. Truly a jewel in our community. Thanks for your interest.
Post Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:07 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

Isn't it easier to just shop at the farmers market?
Post Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:04 pm 
squash
F L I N T O I D

Easier? I don't know. Maybe. Many of the growers welcome you to their farms, some even require it. I think it's a great thing to show kids where their food comes from. Also many growers will meet in a conveient location. For me it's about making relationships and supporting local farms and businesses.
Post Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:23 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: