FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: It's not just berkeley, it's Toledo, too!

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Toledo's Mayor tells Michigan Marine Reservists to leave.

http://rightvoices.com/2008/02/08/why-were-200-michigan-marine-reservists-kicked-out-of-toledo/

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:08 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Public D
F L I N T O I D

I like the way all these 'Fear of Big Government' folks (who, for some reason, don't fear that same government's massive military) defend it and whine about the unfair treatment the big government receives when it swoops in from above to squash the wants and needs that citizens have communicated to their local, democratically elected officials. Maybe we should just do away with local government altogether and let Washington and Wall Street dictate what all municipalities' wants and needs should be. Outsourcing core functions and responsibilities has never failed us before, right? Personally, I think it's a completely legitimate, if not critical, issue for any town to consider. Why should a community expose its citizens to people who sell death and chaos as a great way to get a job making video games? Aren't there false advertising and bait n' switch laws? Or don't they apply 'since the tragic events of September 11th?' And couldn't it be argued that these cities are heeding the call of Homeland Security by protecting their young people from exposure to violent regimes? Sounds pretty patriotic and self-reliant to me. Mostly, the local officials who are turning these death-peddlers away are doing the job they were elected to do. Can you say that for Congress or the White House? Your local government?

I think every potential recruit should have to play this simple game:

http://www.obleek.com/iraq/

and take this fun, fast 14-question allegiance quiz :

http://www.bushflash.com/14.html
Post Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:03 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

The article clearly states that the Marines had received a letter from the Mayor's office giving permission for the exercise, which had been run in years past. The Police had already cordoned off the building they were going to use, and some communications equipment was already in place. At the last minute, the mayor canceled it. This is the same Mayor that said all the deaf people in Toledo should move near the airport because "the noise won;t bother them".

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:41 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Death Peddlers Shocked Nice intelligent Jane Fonda comment PD, sort of lets us all know where you are coming from. Try spouting that comment around some of our brave returning troops and see what happens. Shocked
Post Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:45 am 
Public D
F L I N T O I D

Maybe that Mayor reads sources other than 'Right Voices':

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/august2005/110805mockterror.htm

Or maybe he reads the USA Today:

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2008/01/un-offers-new-e.html

There is no justifying the launch nor the continuation of this war – and every reason to stop the forces that perpetuate and prolong it. At every level and at every opportunity. There is a difference between defending ones country and invading another's without cause. That difference should matter to every single American, as the latter is tantamount to cold-blooded mass murder in our name.

http://www.sirnosir.com/WhiteLandingNew1.html
Post Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:35 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
invading another's without cause

It just amazes me the people out their who actually believe Hussein did not have WMDs or would not use em. The power of the Lib media and its brainwashing capabilitys is a sight to behold. Thankfully enough are immune to see thru the fog.
Post Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:56 pm 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

Public, in this case, its not just "right voices".... I have A LOT of friends who vote democrat and the majority of them support the troops and the governments right to recruit and train...

the only people who seem to have a problem are the extremely liberal or far left, which ever term works better.
Post Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:01 pm 
Public D
F L I N T O I D

I support the government's right to recruit and train IF they are recruiting and training for purposes of national defense. When those who enlist for that important duty are co-opted by soulless men with immaculate fingers and vile minds to do their dirt and provide their muscle to further their own delusional agendas, the whole system should be brought to halt until its original purpose can be restored. Which becomes all the more unlikely the longer our destabilizing, terror-encouraging policies persist. The way you support our troops is by bringing them home and replacing their bosses with people who won't treat the U.S. Military like a mobster's hired thug.
Post Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:34 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: