FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: A request

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

As part of an attempt to get something done about landords that move people out & dump the contents of the house at the curb, I've been taking pictures of the huge piles at the curb.

If you happen to see a house with huge piles of furniture & stuff dumped at the curb, please give me the address & I'll get some pictures.

Thanks

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:45 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

That certainly makes for a plesant view driving down the street. On the other hand what is a landlord to do with deadbeats who wont pay their rent let em stay for free or get em a storage building for their stuff? Rock and hard place.
Post Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:56 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

They should rent a dumpster. Pile the crap in there and haul it away. Pretty simple.

Call the Mayor's office. Give them the address and a truck with a scoop will come out and remove it.

That worls also.
Post Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:59 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
They should rent a dumpster.

And send the bill to the deadbeats. I like your second option best.
Post Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:02 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:

quote:
They should rent a dumpster.

And send the bill to the deadbeats. I like your second option best.

This is what I'm working towards. Require landlords to get a dumpster to dispose of the items, with a stiff fine for noncompliance. The pictures are to document why we need this.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:11 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
last time here

thats a great idea dave.. Confused

Post Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:54 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

That has been talked about at COuncil meeting. but, no action taken. This will drive up rental prices. But, I'd love to see rentals gone form my neighborhood.
Post Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:53 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

If a landlord gets an amount equal to a month's rent as a security deposit, he can deduct the dumpster fee from that. The bottom line should be what's best for the folks in the neighborhoods.

Post Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:56 pm 
last time here

i stole your cat pic dave...cute lil' guy!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:55 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

If whoever took that (I found it on the 'net) caught the cat, I's like to see the wounds! Laughing

Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:41 am 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

Looks like a hand puppet. Smile
Post Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:30 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

The larger picture I cropped it from showed the whole tree.

Post Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:12 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: