FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: wow..trippin' me out!!

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
last time here

tedford is toast!!!!! his power corrupted him. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

carreer alliance is gettin interesting......and scary. Sad Sad

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:39 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I didn't catch the first part of the coverage on the news. What were the charges?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:47 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

http://www.mlive.com/flintjournal/index.ssf/2008/02/leyton_issues_warrant_for_flin.html

FLINT -- A Flint police officer was charged with misconduct in office for allegedly having sex with a woman in a police substation after he pulled her over during a traffic stop.

Ralph Tedford III, 41, of Flint, was arraigned today by Flint District Court Magistrate Tanille M. Brooks. He was released on a $5,000 personal bond and has a Feb. 20 pretrial hearing.

Genesee County Prosecutor David Leyton issued the warrant for Tedford today.

Leyton said some in his office have described Tedford as a "good street cop."

"But he crossed the line," Leyton said in issuing charges.

Tedford, an inspector with the Flint police Citizens Service Bureau, is charged with misconduct in office, a 5-year felony.

But Leyton said he only has probable cause to charge Tedford with this crime and not a criminal sexual conduct charge.

"In this instance, the evidence is there for the 5-year misconduct in office charge, and only that charge."

He said because of the "sensitive nature" of the investigation, the case was reviewed by six of Leyton's senior prosecutors, including three female prosecutors.

The actual investigation was handled by the state police after Leyton said he and Acting Flint Police Chief Gary Hagler agreed that would be the proper agency to conduct it.

Tedford has been on paid administrative leave since the allegation surfaced. The Flint Journal could not reach Hagler for comment.

Leyton said the incident occurred about 3:30 a.m. Sept. 2 after Tedford pulled over a vehicle at Dupont and Mott that was weaving in traffic.

He said Tedford allegedly took the female driver, then 23, and placed her in his cruiser, and told the other female in the car to drive that car and follow him.

Leyton said Tedford, who was in uniform, drove to the Flint substation at 4501 ML king, took the woman inside and engaged in sexual relations for about 30 minutes.

He said the other female remained outside in the victim's car.

Afterwards, Leyton said the victim got back in her car with her friend and the two drove off as Tedford returned to his patrol duties.

But he said the victim later complained to police, which resulted in the state police investigation and a warrant being issued.
Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:50 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

quote:
last time here schreef:
carreer alliance is gettin interesting......and scary. Sad Sad

I heard Stanley is leading up the search committee. Wasn't Pam Loving his friend and choice. I bet the salary and benefits will even be at least $100,000 a year still.
Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:54 am 
last time here

hell, i'll do it for $80,000.00 Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:00 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
sexual relations for about 30 minutes.

And shes complaining. Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:26 am 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >