FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: DALE WEIGHILL+invested in the comnunity=mayor

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
philantrhopiclady

Dayne walling may be good intentioned but he cant just come back to flint and deicide to be our savior. As i said in the other posting,......

Dale weighill would be and excellent choice for flint. he's been in the trenches trying to make this city a better place to live through his work at the resource center for volunteerism with the help of our original first lady of community service miss S. Atwood, by teaching flints next generation of leaders as a political science instructor at mott college ,and by staying connected and informed on flints issues and needs for nearly the last ten years.
Post Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:39 pm 
Jason

Amen! Dale has been in the trenches working hard to improve Flint Town!
Post Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:36 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

I would love to hear a debate between Dayne and Dayle.
Post Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:37 pm 
John Wilson
F L I N T O I D

Does Dale have a Website or a place where I can look to see what he's done? Never heard of him.
Post Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:32 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

One simple question for Dale. What is the highest priority for the Mayor and the City of Flint to tackle?
Post Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:52 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
guest1026

Resource Center president
joins national council -
HOMETOWN HEADLINES
Flint Journal, The (MI)
June 10, 2004
Author: Meghan Gilbert; JOURNAL STAFF WRITER
Estimated printed pages: 1

FLINT

Dale Weighill, president and chief executive officer of the Resource Center, has been named chairman of the Volunteer Center National Network Council.

The council advises the Washington D.C.-based Points of Light Foundation on matters affecting the 360 Volunteer Centers in the nation.

Weighill also sits on the national Board of Directors for the Points of Light Foundation.

Weighill has served as president and CEO of the Resource Center since 2000. He also is the chairman of the Genesee County Nonprofit Association.

Volunteer Centers nationwide connect more than 2 million people with volunteer opportunities. The Points of Light Foundation promotes volunteering to solve serious social problems and advocates service through Volunteer Centers.

- Meghan Gilbert
Edition: THE FLINT JOURNAL FIRST EDITION
Section: LOCAL NEWS
Page: A07

Index Terms: HOMETOWN HEADLINES; MISC; HOMETOWN HEADLINES
Dateline: FLINT
Copyright 2004 The Flint Journal. All Rights Reserved. Used by NewsBank with Permission.
Record Number: 0412638048
Post Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:57 pm 
guest1026

From http://www.jmc.msu.edu/mom/showmom.asp?id=23

Dayne Walling graduated from Flint Central High School in 1992. Dayne received his B.A. in Social Relations from James Madison College at Michigan State University. He was awarded a Harry S. Truman Scholarship for Public Service and a Rhodes Scholarship for the University of Oxford. Dayne completed a second B.A. in Modern History from St. Peter's College, University of Oxford and an M.A. in Urban Studies from Goldsmith's College, University of London. His studies have concentrated on sustainable development, labor and civil rights history, and the nonprofit sector.

Professionally, Dayne served for three years in Washington, DC in the Executive Office of Mayor Anthony Williams. He also worked as the Policy Advocate for the Urban Coalition in Minnesota. Dayne has completed short-term projects for the U.S. Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, the Southern Africa Environment Project, the University of Minnesota's Center for Urban and Regional Affairs, and OverExposure Arts. Now, Dayne is employed with National Voice, a new nonpartisan coalition to maximize voter participation in the 2004 election.

Based on his experiences with nonprofit organizations in the United States, the United Kingdom, and South Africa, Dayne has dedicated himself to finding new ways to bring people together to improve their communities. He has volunteered with Salem Housing Task Force, AmeriCorps, Habitat for Humanity, and Everybody Wins! Literacy Program. In 2002, he co-founded Flint Club, a nonprofit network for people who want to give back to Flint.

Dayne is married and has a three year-old son. He enjoys travel, basketball, jazz, and hip hop. He is a published poet and writer with work appearing in Uncommon Sense, The Flint Journal, Clear Magazine, and Urban Pioneer.
Post Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:01 pm 
guest3

Dale K. Weighill is the Resource Center's President & CEO. Dale received his undergraduate education from The University of Michigan, Dearborn and his graduate education fromAmerican University in Washington, DC. He possesses both a Bachelor's and a Master's degree in Political Science. Prior to working at theResource Center, Dale served as a Legislative Assistant to State Representative Laura M. Toy (R-Livonia). He has also taught courses in American government for Mott Community College in Flint and Oakland Community College in Waterford. He is a former two-term member of the Clarenceville Board of Education in Livonia, Michigan. Dale presently serves as the Immediate Past Chair of the Genesee County Nonprofit Association; Immediate Past Chair of the Volunteer Center National Network Council. He is a current member of the Board of Trustees of the Michigan Nonprofit Association.
Post Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:32 pm 
mark thompson
F L I N T O I D

i like dale weighill he would be excellent......but is he even running???
Post Sat Jul 22, 2006 7:48 pm 

He is a terrible neighbor, so what would possibly make him a good mayor? His fall leaves lie in the street because he had a vehicle parked over them on pickup day. He has 4 to 5 overnight visitors 3 to 4 times a week who insist upon blaring their music when coming and going. On most nights, every single light is left on in the home, and he never answers the door when myself or my neighbors try to approach him on these issues. His closest neighbors are anxiously awaiting any type of open forum in the mayoral process to ask him what makes him think he can be a good mayor, when he can't even be a good neighbor.
Post Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:46 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: