FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Thoughts on a beer can

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
tricky mutha
F L I N T O I D

Looking over my favorite brew I made an observation. There are ten states listed on the top which charge a deposit: California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Iowa, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, New York, Oregon and Vermont. It also appears a crude drawing of West Virginia appears, hard for me to ascertain, especially after draining a few cans.

Anyway- here's the rub- Last four Presidential elections here's how the aforementioned states voted:
California- Clinton, Clinton, Gore, Kerry
Connecticut- Clinton, Clinton, Gore, Kerry
Hawaii- Clinton, Clinton, Gore, Kerry
Iowa- Clinton, Clinton, Gore, Bush (what the hell happened- sucking down too much ethonal?)
Maine- Clinton, Clinton, Gore, Kerry
Massachusetts- Clinton, Clinton, Gore, Kerry
Michigan- Clinton, Clinton, Gore, Kerry
New York- Clinton, Clinton, Gore, Kerry
Oregon- Clinton, Clinton, Gore, Kerry
Vermont- Clinton, Clinton, Gore, Kerry

I'll even throw in West Virginia (looking rather oblique on the can)- Clinton, Clinton, Bush, Bush (what happened here? oh, I know- they were scared of gays working in the coalmine)

Out of 44 votes, Democratic candidates won 41, or 93%. Pretty good shooting if you ask me. (You did ask me, didn't you?) If I were Howard Dean I'd see that all 50 states passed a bottle/can deposit bill and a Democratic wave would bottle up the nation- with a can do attitude. For the GOP- no deposit, no returns.

Post Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:52 pm 
FormerFlint
F L I N T O I D

What kinda beer are you consuming? I need to drink what your drinking. If you wrote all that and did that research after downing a few, those beers seem to be like brain elixir. Everything I drink causes me to slur my words and dribble in my pants.

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:02 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Maybe they were all drunk when they voted.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:40 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
tricky mutha
F L I N T O I D

Actually, I made this observation at poolside Happy Hour in Scottsdale, AZ. We had been out for a drive that day in the desert and noticed how many discarded cans and bottles there were. I thought, this place needs a bottle law. Most people who live in Arizona are transplants, but tell me there is much resistance to such a law due to their cowboy conservatism.There is a positive side to such idelogy- Arizona voters in 2006 rejected a law that would have banned same sex marriages, although their state ususally goes for the GOP. This is a refreshing change from the Bible Belt conservatives and their homophobia.

Pouring my beer I noted the states on the top (I drink Labatt or Molson usually, though lately I have branched out) who had deposit laws, archived the info and brought it up with local lushes. Good copy. If I only could have gotten the woman who insisted that Jesus and Buddha were brothers and her rock star friend who thought he was Angus Young it would have been a nice night.

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:29 pm 
Opinionated
F L I N T O I D

I agree with Former Flint's post on this one, Tricky Mutha. Your beer is the key. It's amazing! Doing all that research after drinking a couple beers - wow. I'm getting a case of that stuff. Like Former Flint, my beer doesn't do that. It makes me burp and visit the toilet several times. The only research I'm thinking about is how I can hold it until the bathroom is free.

Post Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:39 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Wouldn't that depend on how straight a path there is to the bathroom? Laughing

Based on this scientific research, when will someone run for office under the banner of the Free Beer party? I'd think it would be a guaranteed win.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:56 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
FormerFlint
F L I N T O I D

Where were you when I wasted all those years in college drinking Molson, Labatts, Bud, Mickeys, Crazy Horse, Old E, Big Bear, King Cobra, PBR, and Genesee Cream Ale???? Geez, i coulda graduated early and been somebody! Thanks a lot Tricky. You destroyed my life withyour hoarding of the beer knowledge.

Post Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:05 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: