FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Violent Crime drops in Flint
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

http://blog.mlive.com/flintjournal/newsnow/2008/03/final_statistics_show_violent.html

Flint police statistics show violent crime was down last year compared to 2006.

Homicide dropped 45.5 percent while criminal sexual assault was down 43.9 percent, the department said.

The biggest jump was in arson -- up 20.9 percent -- while robbery went up 6.7 percent.

The data will be forwarded to the federal government for the FBI's October 2008 report.

http://www.ci.flint.mi.us/Police/Stat.htm
Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:14 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

The only crime that has gone down since the Don took over is rape! That is the only crime. Good thing for him this only counts as a sex crime.

If we could count the rape of the city's coffers he has done since he was elected. It'd be off the charts!
Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:24 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

OOps, Rape, Larceny and Auto is down. The rest is up. From when he took over.
Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:25 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Anybody know how drive-bys are categorized? We has one Wednesday night, and one last week. One house shot up with a shotgun, nobody hit.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:34 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Wasnt their a Jane Fonda movie titled "They shoot houses dont they." Sorry Dave couldnt resist. Actually I feel that any lowlife scumbag who shoots into someones home without regard for whos in there or who might be hit should be charged with a capital crime and after found guilty instantly put out of commision permanently. Of course dont hold your breath waiting for that to happen.
Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:40 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Ted, when you do you have time to post? Smile

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:47 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

*****Anybody know how drive-bys are categorized?****

As dangerous? Actually, I will possibly know for a fact in the next couple of weeks.

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:48 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

They're most definitely dangerous, and I assume a felony. I'd think either attempted murder or assault with intent to do great bodily harm. The house that got shot up Wednesday night had small kids inside. As far as I know, the shooter was after the boyfriend of one of the teenagers there. He'd just got out of jail & the bad guys thought he was there. The punks just don't care. If they kill an innocent person, they just say"Oh, well".

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:24 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Anybody know how drive-bys are categorized? We has one Wednesday night, and one last week. One house shot up with a shotgun, nobody hit.

I'm pretty sure that would be an aggravated assault because it involves an attack with a weapon. http://www.michigan.gov/documents/AppendixA_106252_7.pdf
Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:01 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Not too much time lately.
Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:49 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Lets all give a big Amen to this news, I hope crime will continue to decline this year!

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:10 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Pachuco
F L I N T O I D

If you compare the numbers, there are 1,234 less recorded crimes in 2007 than 2006.
Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:15 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Alrighty then. Let's all get excited about the Don increasing crime almost 75 percent over 3 years and now we have a 8.9 percent decrease (10 percent adjusted for population) JUST BECAUSE HE OPENED THE JAIL. I'm really impressed!

Just think about this!

IN 2003 Chief Barksdale, with

50 less officers

No Jail Open

5 - 6 thousand less people living in flint.

Lowered crime in 2003 15.35 percent. (18 percent adjusted population).

WOW The Don is truly the Crime Mayor!

Just remmember, This is what every police officer knows. Convicted Felons hate the Police!
Post Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:50 am 
Pachuco
F L I N T O I D

How come when something negative happens Ted, you are quick to blame the Don, but when something positive like this, you bring up something else. The feact is crime rose the first three years, but with the jail, more police and new initiatives and teamwork in the police department, crime is on the decline.
Post Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:03 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Pachuco, do you have a clue? Think Man THINK! I'm laying it out for you to THINK!

Here is something else to THINK about! In 2007 Unemployment in Flint went from 8 to 9.5 percent. according the the federal government. Yet, we seen a crime decrease! What if anything does that prove?
Post Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:23 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: