FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Clinton: Obama is 'afraid' of Michigan re-vote

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Clinton: Obama is 'afraid' of Michigan re-vote

Posted: 02:15 PM ET
TERRE HAUTE, Indiana (CNN) – Hillary Clinton once again blasted Barack Obama over his reluctance to approve a primary re-vote in Michigan, asking reporters at a press conference Thursday why Obama is “afraid” of agreeing to a new contest there.

“I have, as the Democratic National Committee has, come out in favor of any effort to re-vote in Michigan,” she said. “I do not understand what senator Obama is afraid of.”

Clinton was asked if she is now pressing for new primaries in Florida and Michigan only because she is losing in the chase for pledged delegates.

“I would be in favor of fixing this problem no matter what my position,” she argued. “I have been consistently in favor of it. Remember I’m the one who kept my name on the ballot. I had no idea what the outcome would be.”

As she did in Detroit on Wednesday, Clinton predicted that leaving out voters from Michigan and Florida could put those states in Republican hands come November.

She also said winning the Democratic nomination without the voices of Michigan and Florida would raise “serious questions about legitimacy of that nominee.”

“The people of Michigan and their legislature made it very clear that they would proceed with a revote. Unfortunately, Sen. Obama’s campaign said no. Two out of three of us said yes. You’ll have to ask him what he’s afraid of.”

Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:06 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: