FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Will Flint schools be next?

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

ACLU must not have much to do these days
by G.F. @ 8:15 pm. Filed under ACLU, Child Exploitation, Church And State, Education, News, State of Education, Stupidity

This sounds like a middle school “mock law school” case or something. Bizarre.

ACLU: Dismal High School Graduation Rates Violate Florida Constitution, Says ACLU Lawsuit

Charging that shamefully low high school graduation rates demonstrate a violation of students’ constitutional right to a high quality education, the American Civil Liberties Union filed a first-of-its-kind class action lawsuit today against the Palm Beach County School District. It is estimated that as many as one in three Palm Beach County students does not graduate on time with a regular diploma, a figure that is well below both the state and national averages. This case is the first legal challenge in the country that focuses on the issue of low graduation rates and that requires a school district to graduate more of its students.

So, are the teachers’ unions named? No. If the ACLU were serious about this, it would name the unions. For the record, I am not opposed to school districts being sued for abysmal return on our coerced “investment” in government education. However, the unions, who make it possible for ridculously incompetent people to be hired and retained for years as “teachers” and administrators, share a large portion of the blame for the dismal state of American government edjacashun. Of course, the ACLU would never have the stones to take the problem on in an honest way if it means taking on fellow travelers.

Read the complaint and it all becomes clear that the ACLU is just banging pots and pans together. Here is the “logic” behind the ACLU’s claims:

Like many students in the Palm Beach County school district, plaintiff Thomas Schroeder is having academic problems and is being subjected to school discipline concerning attendance. Because Thomas is a students at William T. Dwyer High School in Palm Beach County school district and, because the district fails to graduate a very significant percentage of its students every year, Thomas is not receiving a uniform, efficient, safe, secure and high quality education.

Um, yeah. Looks like a chronically-truant deliquent is taking the ACLU’s assist in shifting personal and family responsibility. So it’s the school district’s fault if this kid doesn’t graduate? Why not sue the parents? Most of the other plaintiffs who are seeking to represent “classes” of students don’t look much better.

Natch, the ACLU lights the race-hatred fire. I still haven’t figured out who the ACLU is accusing of the “racism” that is apparently to blame for lower graduation rates among minorities. Don’t misunderstand: the state of the goverment educational establishment in minority areas is criminal…and IS a civil rights issue perpetrated and perpetuated by the Left. But the ACLU suit is merely seeking a court order to increase graduation rates. It’s pretty easy to see how bloody worthless that would be. It wouldn’t take much for these school to magically “improve” the “graduation” rates.

How about instead of filing worthless lawsuits like this, STOP filing lawsuits to prevent school choice. In Arizona, the ACLU filed a ludicrous lawsuit (got smacked down at the district court level), which actually argues that the possibility of PARENTS, who receive TAX CREDITS to pay for THEIR OWN KIDS’ tuition to private schools, may CHOOSE (for their own kid, no one else’s) a private religious school, amounts to a violation of the Establishment Clause. They have another AZ suit that would prevent DISABLED kids from receiving vouchers because of the possibility that the parents may choose to choose a religious school. Finally, the ACLU attacked a corporate tax credit system in AZ because…do I even need to say?

THAT is the ACLU’s agenda. Drink it in. This new lawsuit…why did the ACLU even file it?

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:50 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

That was my favorite inalienable right... "Life, Liberty, and High Quality Education...."

So let me get this straight. We have one state, California, that is FORCING parents to send their kids to a public or private school, making home-schooling essentially illegal.

Then we have the ACLU suing a public school district in another state because they aren't providing kids with a good enough education.... because people keep dropping out.

MAYBE they should stop treating teachers like babysitters and put a little blame on the students... I had an awesome education, but I still feel that perhaps a little of it was clouded because I had a smart ass kid in one of my classes who would make idiotic and sarcastic comments throughout class, and his being yelled at took time out of MY education. I should be able to sue him!

Maybe the hard working students in that Florida school district are lucky because so many of the kids who don't take school seriously ARE dropping out, which means there are less people to disrupt class.

And how many of these "poor, disenfranchised students" are getting their GED later on? How many have decent jobs despite not graduating college?

Growing up, I was always taught that in America, you could do or be whatever you want, you just have to work for it. So don't you DARE punish me for something because some punk drops out of school.

By the way, when the ACLU sues a school district, doesn't the money (if they win, which they won't.... ) come out of the school budget, which uses tax payer money?
Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:11 am 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Tegan schreef:
By the way, when the ACLU sues a school district, doesn't the money (if they win, which they won't.... ) come out of the school budget, which uses tax payer money?

Win or lose, taxpayer money will pay to defend the district.
Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:45 pm 
Tegan
F L I N T O I D

ah ha very true. What would be nice is if the ACLU would have to cover all of the school district's court and legal fees... where does the ACLU's money come from?
Post Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:27 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: