FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Dont forget earth hour.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Ill bet all the local B@E punks will have the date and time marked on their calenders. Dont forget tonight at 8pm Sure am glad I didnt take my christmas lights down yet. Rolling Eyes Laughing
http://www3.earthhourus.org/
Post Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:00 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

All lights on, both TV's, both computers, thermostat set to 80. I've got the charcoal grill ready to fire up. Also have 10 gallons of used motor oil I'll mix with gas & burn that, too. Sorry I can't do more.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:25 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I turned all my lights and power off from 5-6 pm.... I support this effort, I hope others do too.

Post Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:59 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Ya but to be effective you were supposed to do it from 8-9 pm when it was actually dark out and join the rest of the "save the planet folks" by living in the dark for at least an hour. Laughing
Post Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:34 am 
squash
F L I N T O I D

Actually Dave using the good old charcoal grill is a green practice. I hardly ever use my stove any more. This is my oven, grill and smoker. You can get the temp low enough to smoke cheese, and as high as 900 degrees or so. It can hold temps for up to 36 hours.

[img] [/img]

Charcoal is a renewable resource made from wood. It's the practice of unlocking carbon producing elements like natural gas and coal from deep in the earth and releasing them into the atmosphere that's harmful.
I try not to use more than is necesary. I am not a militant environmentalist ( i wont be burning down any houses or rafting along side fishing vessels) but I try to be low impact.
Dave, you were just kidding about that motor oil and gas thing, right?
Post Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:08 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

So your a smoker aye??? Wink Laughing
Post Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:30 am 
squash
F L I N T O I D

Definitely. Here are some other smokers I admire.

Post Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:02 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Theirs smoking and than theirs smokinnnn.
Post Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:13 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
Ya but to be effective you were supposed to do it from 8-9 pm when it was actually dark out and join the rest of the "save the planet folks" by living in the dark for at least an hour. Laughing

Post Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:56 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

quote:
squash schreef:
Actually Dave using the good old charcoal grill is a green practice.
Dave, you were just kidding about that motor oil and gas thing, right?

Ain't too green when you dribble used oil onto the coals. Old roofing shingles are fun, too. Laughing Laughing Laughing

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:29 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
squash
F L I N T O I D

quote:
dribble used oil onto the coals.

That's a flavor profile I have not tried.
Post Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:45 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Mobile one flavored smoked carp is hard to beat. Razz
Post Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:58 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Synthetic oil gives Carp a phony taste. I'm partial to Valvoline.

Post Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:30 pm 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I try, I guess it was better than nothing at all..

quote:
twotap schreef:

Post Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:44 pm 
squash
F L I N T O I D

That's funny. Years ago I remember seeing something about a chef trying to invent a palatable recipe for zebra mussels in hopes that he could create a demand for them thereby having people harvest them. They turned out to be disgusting little things and it took shucking hundreds of them to make a serving. I did find one recipe for goby though.

http://www.fishingfury.com/a-different-kind-of-fishing/

Think you could convince your fishing buddies to skip next year's walleye season in favor of goby?

2tap if you're bringing Mobil 1 smoked carp I'll make zebra mussels on the half shell and goby florentine. Dave you're invited too.
Post Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:15 pm 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: