FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Open chat

Topic: Council to help reduce deficit

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

April 1, 2008
The Flint City Council announced their willingness to help reduce the city's budget deficit. Beginning immediately, they will only accept a salary$ 0.01 per year, and forego all benefits. The joint announcement stated that: "The Mayor works for 50 cents per year, so we thought it only fair that we work for 1 cent per year without benefits. That way, the citizens of Flint will get their money's worth."
[/b]

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:28 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Where did you hear this??

That's all we need. A Mayor worth 50 cents a year and a council worth 9 cents.

Just when i thought things couldn't get any worse. People prove me wrong!
Post Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:46 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

It would be nice if the budget reflected that $1 per year salary... but the problem is that there is a line item still in the budget that reflects the Mayor's salary... just over $100,000 per year... and the funny thing is, that every the money is spent.

There is no savings with him taking only $1.00 a year....
Post Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:17 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

JOSH!

You don't mean to tell me that he isn't really taking .50 cents a year salry?

You know the Mayor wouldn't lie about something like that. He has his checks uncashed sitting on his desk.

Are you saying that What the Flint Journal and Channel 12 reported on that he hasn't cashed these checks isn't true?

C'mon now Josh! He wouldn't lie to us. THat must be a misprint in the Budget! I'm sure that will get corrected before it is voted down again by City Council.

Ya know what. The Budget must be wrong! Becuas ehe says he only gets 50 cents. The City Council, the Budget Director, The City administrator are all WRONG! THe paper it's written on isn't worth anything Becuase Don siad he only takes 50 cents. So obviously Everyone else is wrontg and Don is right. After all, he paved streets and payed for it out of his pocket, He's a millionare and doesn't really need the money!

What are you talking about?
Post Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:51 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Well, I hooked one. Laughing I thought I'd do better than that on April 1st.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Post Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:58 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Aint no hook. LOL Just playing along.

And we kept it going too.
Post Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:18 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

In April 1996 the Taco Bell Corp. announced it had bought the Liberty Bell and had renamed it the Taco Liberty Bell. Hundreds of outraged citizens called Philadelphia's National Historic Park to express their anger. Their nerves were calmed when Taco Bell revealed it was all a practical joke. However, the best line of the day came from White House press secretary Mike McCurry, who, when asked about the sale, announced that the Lincoln Memorial had also been sold. McCurry said it would now be known as the Ford Lincoln Mercury Memorial.

http://find.msn.com/search.aspx?q=The+Taco+Liberty+Bell&c=0317+The+Taco+Liberty+Bell&form=MSNHAL
Post Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:29 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Bill & Hillary's Bed & Breakfast?

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:05 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Wow thats great, now we can afford to put more cops on the street!!!

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
April 1, 2008
The Flint City Council announced their willingness to help reduce the city's budget deficit. Beginning immediately, they will only accept a salary$ 0.01 per year, and forego all benefits. The joint announcement stated that: "The Mayor works for 50 cents per year, so we thought it only fair that we work for 1 cent per year without benefits. That way, the citizens of Flint will get their money's worth."
[/b]

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:08 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: