FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Obama 2008

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

http://coell.fandomart.com/lj/lolz/political_obama-bros-before-hos.gif

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:36 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Well since Ryan started it how about this one. Laughing

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:01 am 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

LOL that's precious twotap.
Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:44 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

twotap you should change that to "African American" to be more politically correct. Some african americans may take offense to that...

quote:
twotap schreef:
Well since Ryan started it how about this one. Laughing

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:55 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Hey Ryan in case you aint noted Twotap dont do PC. Laughing

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:45 am 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

That's part of why it's funny. It wouldn't be funny if it said African-American, it would simply be true.
Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:10 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I like your new avatar did you see my rescued Kitten over on open chat. Here we go again? Just shows how mean and evil us gun lovin right wingers can be. Laughing

Last edited by twotap on Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:11 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

That cat is GORGEOUS. Good job! I rescued one last summer, and now I'm up to three, so I'm on adoption hiatus.

I wish the avatar didn't change on everything -- I like seeing avatar migration.
Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:24 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I thought I was on adoption hiatus also with the first one. What are ya gonna do when they show up? Sad Senor Spook still around?

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:35 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

I always take care of them if they show up, as you do too apparently. Then I try and find a new home for them -- I'm going to be one of those crazy cat ladies if I'm not careful.

My sister is so dedicated that she traps them, has them fixed and released. She worked out by O'Hare Airport and would encounter probably 20-30 a summer... obviously too many to keep.

If it got that bad, I'm not sure what I'd do. I live on a park, and there are so many already. Most are totally feral, untouchable.

Spooky is still going strong, as long as he gets his chicken baby food. LOL

The funny this is that I came home from work the other day and realized I'd left my renegade cat outside all day. Oops. So I went to let her in... it wasn't my cat! An exact twin was sunning itself on my back porch. One of these days I'm going to confuse the two.

Of course, no one could confuse that beauty you just took in. My sister thinks it's gorgeous, too.
Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:46 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Glad to hear Spooky is doing OK. Maybe we all should try that chiken baby food. Mindy thanks you for the compliments.

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:57 pm 
lunchlady
F L I N T O I D

I can't stop watching the cats playing ping-pong. I keep waiting for one of them to miss. Smile I always say I am going to end up as the crazy cat lady on my block too. Hooray for your sister (Demeralda), she is doing a great thing!

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:42 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

[quote="Ryan Eashoo"] twotap you should change that to "African American" to be more politically correct. Some african americans may take offense to that...

In my lifetime, the PC term has changed more times than I can remember. Colored, Negro, Brown, Black, Afro-American, People of Color, African-American, etc.

As for African American, I must take issue. First, I am of white European descent. I don't consider myself to be "European American," nor do I know anyone who considers themself to be European American.

Second, I would assume (please correct me if I'm wrong) that "African American" means just what is says....an American of African heritage. That would mean that, for example, if PGA Tour pro (among others) Ernie Els, who hails from South Africa, became an American, he would be African American. I think not.

Post Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:07 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: