FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Baracks antigun stance starts coming thru.

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Citizens Committee for the
Right to Keep and Bear Arms
12500 N.E. Tenth Place
Bellevue, WA 98005

OBAMA SHOULD APOLOGIZE FOR INSULTING MILLIONS OF ARMED CITIZENS, SAYS CCRKBA
For Immediate Release: April 2, 2008

BELLEVUE, WA – Democrat Barack Obama on Tuesday insulted millions of legally-armed American citizens when he told a Pennsylvania newspaper that concealed carry poses a threat to innocent people, and he should immediately apologize for that remark, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms said today.

Senator Obama, quoted by the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, admitted, “I am not in favor of concealed weapons. I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations.”

“American citizens have been responsibly carrying concealed handguns for years in 48 states,” said CCRKBA Chairman Alan Gottlieb, co-author of America Fights Back: Armed Self-Defense in a Violent Age, published by Merril Press. “These citizens go through background checks, and in some states complete required training courses. Statistically, these armed citizens are far less likely to ever be involved in a crime than average citizens. They have stopped crimes. They have sometimes aided police officers.

“Senator Obama,” he continued, “should not confuse legally-armed, law-abiding Americans with inner-city thugs, gang-bangers and other criminals who carry guns illegally. Thanks to a revealing 1996 questionnaire bearing Mr. Obama’s handwriting from his days as a candidate for the Illinois Senate, it’s clear he has the good guys confused with the bad guys.”

That controversial questionnaire, which Obama originally claimed he never saw, contained answers to questions that indicates he opposes capital punishment and criminal prosecution of juveniles as adults, is against mandatory sentencing and supports “alternative sentencing.” He supported a ban on handguns and semiautomatic sport-utility rifles, and mandatory waiting periods before Americans could exercise their constitutional right to own a firearm.

“Barack Obama ignorantly believes that legally-armed Americans are as reckless and irresponsible as the criminals with whom his political sympathies evidently lay,” Gottlieb said. “He has been insisting for months that he supports the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms, but here he is now campaigning in Pennsylvania, stating essentially that he would prefer Americans not exercise that right.

“Legally-armed citizens are also voters, Mr. Obama,” Gottlieb stated, “and you have outrageously insulted every one of them. You owe these good citizens an apology.”

Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:24 pm 
Druid
F L I N T O I D

They have stopped crimes. They have sometimes aided police officers.

Yeah. And often times, they think they ARE the police.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/11/17/national/main3517564.shtml
Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:48 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I'll repeat my standing offer to provide a free "THIS IS A GUN FREE HOME" window sign to anyone that wants one.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:19 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Yeah. And often times, they think they ARE the police.

Often? Out of the thousands of citizens across the nation that have carry permits just how many have taken the role of police officers. You said often lets see the numbers.

Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:29 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Americans think Obama—not Clinton or McCain—is most in touch with their values.
By Chadwick Matlin
slate.com
Updated Friday, April 4, 2008, at 2:25 PM ET
CBS News and the New York Times have released a comprehensive new poll (PDF) chock-full of fresh insights on the state of the race nationwide. Seventy percent of voters say that Barack Obama is the candidate who most resembles American values—more so than Hillary Clinton or John McCain. Obama's emphasis on what pundits call his "American story" seems to have outweighed the smear tactics that have dogged him throughout the campaign. Also of note: 52 percent of Republicans think Obama shares American values. Only 27 percent of GOP voters think Clinton does. (Fifty percent of Democrats think McCain has American values.) An equal number of independents (68 percent) think Obama and McCain have American values.

More poll fun:

- Fifty-three percent of voters think John McCain's policies would favor the rich. Thirteen percent say the same about Barack Obama.

- Eleven percent of voters are very confident that John McCain will make correct decisions about the economy. Forty-two percent are not confident. He's the worst-rated of the three remaining candidates in this regard.

- Sixty-nine percent of voters (Democrats and Republicans) expect Barack Obama to win the Democratic nomination.

- Fifty-six percent of Democratic-primary voters think Obama is better able to beat McCain in November. Thirty-two percent think Clinton is.
Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:29 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Well hells bells why bother with an election at all lets just coronate the guy and be done with it. Rolling Eyes

Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:31 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Because your character assassin cronies still have plenty of time to do their opposition research Smile
Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:03 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

I hear Obama constantly taking about change, but to be honest, I haven't heard him say just what, specifically, he wants to change. He's in favor of more gun control, yet Chicago, which bans guns, still has had 20 school age kids shot to death this year. If a total ban doesn't work, what will? I've heard of nothing he plans to do about the economy, nothing about illegal immigration, nothing about national security. On foreign affairs, all I've heard is that he'll make other countries like us again. I have deep doubts about his relationship with his pastor; whether or not he disagrees with what he says or not. Also, his wife is just now proud of the country where she got an Ivy League education, and a very good paying job??
Hillary I just ignore. I have not, and will not, believe a word she says. She acts as though she's "entitled" to the Presidency. Nobody is entitled to the job, they must earn it. Vince Foster, Whitewater, Travelgate, Filegate, the Rose law firm, lying about sniper fire, her disgraceful performance for the Judiciary Comittee in the 70's. Totally disgusting.
I'm not exactly in love with McCain, but he's sure better qualified than those two.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:10 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Ya but Baracks so cute and damn man can he give a speech. Rolling Eyes

quote:
Because your character assassin cronies still have plenty of time to do their opposition research

Not necessary those compassionate and caring Clintons are doing a fine job without us rightwingers. Of course once they finish well here we come. Laughing

Post Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:21 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: