FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Precinct delegates needed!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

Precinct delegates control the political process. The decide who your choices are and whether you are allowed to vote. Deadlinee is May 13th 4pm.

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/Aff-ID_Precnt_139901_7.pdf

You turn the form in at the county clerk. They can notorize it. You can also pick up the form at the Genesee county clerk.
Post Thu May 01, 2008 9:07 pm 
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

Good idea, I will circulated to get delegates to the only party that matters any more....Smile Laughing Rolling Eyes Razz Shocked Guy with axe

I forgot these were here...too cool

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/Aff-ID_Precnt_139901_7.pdf
Post Thu May 01, 2008 9:17 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

If you can at least try and get some of the Kucinich and Gravel supporters into your party.

If we get enough conservative Republicans involved hopefully we can reclaim the Republican party again.

We must beat back the liberal/moderate wing again!!!

Link

We want Barry! We want Ron! Kill the taxes!!!
Post Thu May 01, 2008 9:41 pm 
Josh Freeman
F L I N T O I D

If you live in the City, you can also sign up at the City Clerk's office.
Post Fri May 02, 2008 6:52 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Adam, I was thinking about this while I was getting ready this morning, and I would definitely vote for you. We don't agree on everything, but you're a thinking person, capable of changing your mind when presented with compelling information.

I truly wish you luck.
Post Fri May 02, 2008 7:40 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Dem,

I think that a lot of people are reaching that point anymore in today's political climate, that is crossing over the "lines" and reaching for who may be the best "thinker".

I threw my name into the ring for local politics just about 5 weeks ago, didn't get the open position, although another person did. I am beginning to find out that he's not necessarily along the same party lines, but we did think along the same lines when it came to problem solving. Two cents worth.

A

Post Fri May 02, 2008 10:06 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Demeralda schreef:
Adam, I was thinking about this while I was getting ready this morning, and I would definitely vote for you. We don't agree on everything, but you're a thinking person, capable of changing your mind when presented with compelling information.

I truly wish you luck.

Thaks. What do we disagree on? You should run for office!

Can you coordinate events?

I have to admit I would probably wreak havoc in Lansing. lol This is not a winnable race but if I did pull off an impossible miracle it would probably be the biggest upset in the country. Technically I should only be able to get 15% although 20% would be a VERY strong showing.
Post Fri May 02, 2008 11:07 am 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Is there somewhere online that shows who is going to be on the ballat for local delegates and offices for the City?
Post Fri May 02, 2008 4:32 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

You could go down to the county clerk and ask who's running.
Post Fri May 02, 2008 5:12 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

There is a reason I asked if it was available online.
Post Sat May 03, 2008 2:14 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

http://www.co.genesee.mi.us/clerk/ is the county page. They might put the candidates up after the filing deadline.
Post Sat May 03, 2008 4:39 pm 
00SL2
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
Is there somewhere online that shows who is going to be on the ballat for local delegates and offices for the City?
Candidates (not delegates) are up for the May 6, 2008 election now. For the City of Flint, it's for Flint School Board and 1st Ward Councilman.

http://www.co.genesee.mi.us/clerk/election.htm
------------------------------------------------------------

CORRECTION for Precinct Delegate Info:

"The precinct delegate filing deadline elapses at 4:00 p.m. on May 13, 2008 -- the same filing deadline imposed on all other partisan candidates."

Source, michigan.gov, searched for "precinct delegate form":

Election News Issue No 57 ... required. (A copy of the most recent revision of the Precinct Delegate Affidavit of Identity form is provided with this newsletter) ...
www.michigan.gov/documents/sos/Issue_57_225148_7.pdf

August 5, 2008 Primary and November 4, 2008 General Election ... ... (As an alternative, candidates for precinct delegate may file form with appropriate precinct board on election day before the close of the polls.) (168.737a) ...
www.michigan.gov/documents/sos/Important_Dates_Filing_Deadline_191672_7.pdf
[More results from www.michigan.gov/documents/sos ]

Last edited by 00SL2 on Sun May 04, 2008 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat May 03, 2008 6:23 pm 
terrybankert
F L I N T O I D

quote:
00SL2 schreef:
quote:
Ted Jankowski schreef:
Candidates are up for the May 6, 2008 election now. For the City of Flint, it's for Flint School Board and 1st Ward Councilman.

http://www.co.genesee.mi.us/clerk/election.htm

May 16, 2008 is deadline for registering for precinct delegate. Info on how to register for democratic delegate is shown here:

http://www.michigandems.com/PrecinctDelegate.html

WRONG WRONG WRONG

WHAT YOU FOUND WAS A 2006 DATE. WHAT IS NEEDED IS THE 2008 DATE. lOOK TO THE ARTICLE.....

"...later than 4:00 p.m. on May 16, 2006. Your Affidavit of Identity must be notarized. Find out how many candidates have filed for precinct delegate in your precinct. "

The Michigan Democratic Party is not promoting how to become a precinct delegate. I looked through their web site.

The precinct delegates control who leads the party, i.e. Mark Brewer. The same guy who just disenfranchised 500,000 Michigan Democrats. If I were him I would keep it quite. If you find a site let me know. What is the filing deadline.....
Post Sat May 03, 2008 7:34 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam
F L I N T O I D

http://www.migop.org/precinctdelegate/2008MRP_PrecinctDelegateBasics.pdf

You can look up your precinct at www.michigan.gov/vote if you don't know it.
Post Sat May 03, 2008 8:26 pm 
Ted Jankowski
F L I N T O I D

Here is the deal,

I did already apply to run as a democratic precinct delegate for Ward 4 Precinct 23. I was just wondering the infromation was available online who all was running?

Party Meetings are on thrusday evenings. When I'm at work. Government and Party's always seem to make it difficult for those that want to participate to eb able to.
Post Sun May 04, 2008 9:43 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: