FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Democrats the party of labels.

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I know what a dumb college dropout hard working white person is, but whats the Dems definition of an "Egghead"
This just keeps getting better. Laughing Laughing Laughing

May 8, 2008, 10:08 am
Clinton Touts White Support
By Kate Phillips

As if the divisions between race and gender in the Democratic Party hadn’t been further exposed through Tuesday night’s exit polls — and by a very heated exchange on CNN between Donna Brazile and Paul Begala — Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton’s interview with USA Today on Wednesday is further mining those tense depths.
“I have a much broader base to build a winning coalition on,” she said in the interview, citing an article by The Associated Press.
It “found how Senator Obama’s support among working, hard-working Americans, white Americans, is weakening again, and how whites in both states who had not completed college were supporting me.”
“There’s a pattern emerging here,” she said.
While she said her remarks weren’t meant to be divisive, they’re already whipping around the Internet. “These are the people you have to win if you’re a Democrat in sufficient numbers to actually win the election. Everybody knows that,” she said in the interview. (Hint, hint, message to the superdelegates still undeclared.)

In Indiana alone, six in 10 white voters went for Mrs. Clinton, where she narrowly won the primary.
Bill Burton, a spokesman for the Obama campaign, told the newspaper that Mr. Obama had made inroads in Tuesday’s contests. And he added that her comments “are not true and frankly disappointing.”
On Tuesday night, we mentioned the dustup between two Democratic pundits, Ms. Brazile and Mr. Begala, who engaged in a prime-time debate about the coalitions being built by Mr. Obama or Mrs. Clinton. Mr. Begala, a Clinton supporter, said the party could not win in November with just “ eggheads and African-Americans,” that the party could not ignore white middle-class voters. Ms. Brazile, who said she was not “undecided but undeclared” when it came to her choice for a candidate, shot back that Mr. Begala’s notions were dividing the party. (And that she’d chugged down many a beer with Joe and Jane “six-pack” in an effort to woo white voters.)
We’re revisiting their spirited exchange to demonstrate how divided party loyalists are right now.

Link
Post Thu May 08, 2008 12:20 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Well, if anyone can spot name-calling, I would expect it to be a Republican. After all, labelling people is their biggest franchise.
Post Thu May 08, 2008 12:53 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I dont believe ya thought that response thru very well. Rolling Eyes

Racist, homophobic, nazi, rightwing, hate monger, egghead???,mean spirited, greedy rich, anti (illegal) immigrant, hmmm lets see short list from the Democrat playbook. And of course these.
Chris Matthews, when he likened Republicans quoting John F. Kennedy on tax cuts to "the Nazi Party quoting Kennedy saying, 'Ich bin ein Berliner'?"
Al Sharpton, who said during the post-election ballot fight in Florida that conservatives wanted to "do the same thing to us" that "Hitler in his wickedness and evil" did to the Jews.
Michelangelo Signorile, the well-known gay writer, who wrote that while Afghanistan "has been protecting Osama bin Laden, Italy has been harboring another omnipotent religious zealot, one who equally condemns us Western sinners and incites violence. . . . Meet John Paul II, Christian fundamentalist extraordinaire and a man who inspires thugs across the globe . . . ."
Paul Conrad, the syndicated Los Angeles Times cartoonist, who depicted the Republicans' tax-cut bill as a GOP elephant, wearing an Al Qaeda headdress and holding a smoking AK-47. 20
The several members of the Hawaii ACLU board of directors who publicly objected to inviting Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas to take part in a debate on the grounds that he is "an Antichrist," "a Hitler" -- or "if not Hitler, he is a Goebbels" -- and an "a--hole," and that allowing him to speak would be "like having a serial murderer debate the value of life.

Your up. Confused
Post Thu May 08, 2008 5:51 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

And the esteemed social commentator Al Franken, as well as the public gathering place for rational debate, the Daily Kos.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri May 09, 2008 6:37 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Oh, I thought about it. You know I'm right Razz
Post Fri May 09, 2008 3:51 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

You're right?? COOL! Welcome to the conservative side!! Laughing

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri May 09, 2008 5:09 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: