FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: The new great sucking sound of talented people leaving MI
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

California's Supreme Court legalized gay marriage. After the Michigan Supreme Court decision limiting benefits for gay couples, expect them to leave Michigan in droves.

Post Thu May 15, 2008 1:34 pm 
Steve Myers
Site Admin
Site Admin

First the rich and not the gays are leaving! Oh my!

Post Thu May 15, 2008 2:16 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
kaypurdue

Gay ≠ talented

(only because I've known some pretty dumb ones Laughing )
Post Thu May 15, 2008 3:07 pm 
Shawn Chittle
F L I N T O I D

Like I said in my post about smoking -- how California goes, so goes the rest of the country (even you, Alabama).

What you do in your bedroom and who you want to sleep with is your business. For once I thought the neocons on this board would agree. Keep the government out of the bedroom.

But Gary I don't think we'll see mass exodus, rather, I think we'll see pressure mounting in blue states to adopt similar measures. Some will just let it jam up the courts. But has the US Supreme Court weighed in on this? It's been quite conservative these days, so who knows what will happen.

Gay people are not going away. This is just like the civil rights of the 60's... people just want to live in peace without people telling them what (and whom!) they can and can't do.

Wink
Post Thu May 15, 2008 8:05 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

*****Gay people are not going away. This is just like the civil rights of the 60's... people just want to live in peace without people telling them what (and whom!) they can and can't do. ******

Clap, clap, clap!!!!

Post Thu May 15, 2008 8:08 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

I'm not convinced Americans should need a license (permission from the government) to get married. I also support seperation of church and state. My church does not marry people of the same sex and under the constitution my church should not be forced to marry gay people. I'm also not convinced states should discriminate against unmarried couples or single people.
Post Thu May 15, 2008 8:13 pm 
david
F L I N T O I D

well now that california will redefine marriage (to what's your vice?) i think i will get me two, no, three wives and while i think about it my girlfriend cousin is looking pretty good. think i will marry her also. and that bitc- dog i have has some pretty good looking legs, all four for sure.

now if you say i am being crazy then under this equal law i should be able to marry anybody or thing i want. no? the state said it can not discriminate so who knows what i will marry.

with the illegals and crazy laws this state has i may leave and move back to flint!! Shocked

david,
san diego
Post Thu May 15, 2008 9:48 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Not a bad plan - concentrate all the weirdos in one spot.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri May 16, 2008 7:18 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
The new great sucking sound

Why does that term seem a little ironic do to the theme for this thread???? Laughing Laughing
Post Fri May 16, 2008 7:19 am 
david
F L I N T O I D

hey,

i notice a reply has been censored from this thread. do we not have freedom of speech on this board or is it only what suits the censors?

Hmmmmmmmm,

david
san diego
Post Fri May 16, 2008 7:29 am 
Flinn's Journal
F L I N T O I D

The double entendre was unintentional and was inspired by the old speech by H. Ross Perot about the job losses feared (and later confirmed) as a result of NAFTA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_sucking_sound

Post Fri May 16, 2008 7:48 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

quote:
david schreef:
hey,

i notice a reply has been censored from this thread. do we not have freedom of speech on this board or is it only what suits the censors?

Hmmmmmmmm,

david
san diego

What's being censored?

Post Fri May 16, 2008 8:39 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

quote:
david schreef:
well now that california will redefine marriage (to what's your vice?) i think i will get me two, no, three wives and while i think about it my girlfriend cousin is looking pretty good. think i will marry her also. and that bitc- dog i have has some pretty good looking legs, all four for sure.

now if you say i am being crazy then under this equal law i should be able to marry anybody or thing i want. no? the state said it can not discriminate so who knows what i will marry.

with the illegals and crazy laws this state has i may leave and move back to flint!! Shocked

david,
san diego

I don't understand why legalizing gay marriage will automatically make you want to go out and marry a goat. Don't you like humans?

Post Fri May 16, 2008 8:40 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Well, goats are a lot cheaper to feed than people. Laughing

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Fri May 16, 2008 9:06 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
andi03
F L I N T O I D

*****Well, goats are a lot cheaper to feed than people.****

Are you trying to "get my goat", by "kid"ding with me?! <lame pun attempt>

Post Fri May 16, 2008 9:22 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: