FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Well whats it gonna be??

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I have to laugh everytime I hear someone say how much in turmoil the repubs are. Its true of course what with a lib on the ticket but whats even cooler is the prospect the dems are facing which is who ya gonna disenfranchize and piss off, the Blacks or the Women? Run Baracko and piss off a whole bunch of women voters who feel their big chance at finally electing a female prez was stolen by a MAN. Make Hillary the choice and whamo the blacks will be raising all kinds of hell for denying a half black male candidate his spot in the whitehouse. Me I would go for Hillary cause theirs a bunch more females than blacks to worry about. This is just hillarious and operation chaos can take full credit for keeping Hillary a viable choice or she would have been done weeks ago. Looks like a GOTCHA to me. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post Wed May 21, 2008 1:52 pm 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

Hillary supporters are most likely to be angry, because their candidate waited "her turn" and then got upstaged by a young, good looking, ambitious MAN. And I do see their anger, I understand. But it is what it is. No one planned it this way.

I don't, however, think Obama supporters will be angry. Unfortunately they (Barack & Michele) have framed it as a one-time shot -- that if he doesn't get it now, he'll never try again. While that may motivate some people, it just seems punitive.

The only way Obama supporters will be angry is if they perceive that something untoward is going on, that somehow the election is being hijacked, mostly because it has happened to them SO MANY TIMES BEFORE.
Post Wed May 21, 2008 4:42 pm 
FlintConservative
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Demeralda schreef:
The only way Obama supporters will be angry is if they perceive that something untoward is going on, that somehow the election is being hijacked, mostly because it has happened to them SO MANY TIMES BEFORE.

Like if Hillary gets her way and the DNC decides to count Michigan & Florida.
Post Wed May 21, 2008 8:03 pm 
tricky mutha
F L I N T O I D

There lies Hillary’s hypocrisy. Didn’t Candidate Clinton say early on that votes in both Michigan and Florida shouldn’t count? Wasn’t it then party chairman Terry McAuliffe who blasted Senator Carl Levin four years ago when he suggested Michigan’s primary be moved up? Time for her to give up her cause for “hardworking white Americans” and realize Republican ruin in the executive branch will continue without accord.

This Presidential election is for the Democratic Party to lose, and history is on their side. In both 1980 and 1988 convention fights weakened incumbent Carter and standard bearer Dukakis dooming them in November. I won’t even talk about the debacle in 1968 in Chicago. Unity in Denver is the key. VP for Clinton? Who knows? I’m sure she’s on the short list already.

Post Wed May 21, 2008 8:29 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Not to worry all you Clintonites theirs another contender in the making and shes really tough. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Madame President Clinton? Chelesa Clinton That Is
Email
Share May 21, 2008 5:45 PM

ABC News' Ed O'Keefe Reports: Perhaps there will be a Madame President Clinton after all. No, not Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y. How about former first daughter and active campaigner Chelsea Clinton?

"If you asked me (if Chelsea would run for office) before Iowa, I would have said, 'No way. She is too allergic to anything we do.' But she is really good at it," former President Bill Clinton tells PEOPLE magazine in their latest issue, hitting newsstands Friday.

In the PEOPLE exclusive, Clinton called his daughter's "emergence" the "second best thing" of the campaign, after his wife's "ability to endure in the face of all the blows that have been rained on her: outspent, dismissed, denigrated, declared dead...when I met her, I found that in her personal relationships she lacked self-confidence and was painfully shy. She is having more fun now than at the beginning. If you look at her, she seems perfectly relaxed, doesn't she?"

When asked what he's learned about Chelsea's political skills, Clinton told PEOPLE, "It all changed after Iowa. She realized her mother lost Iowa 100 percent because of younger voters. She was upset, bawled, went to her employer and said, 'Look, you got to let me go or give me an indefinite leave of absence. I'm not letting my mother go down like this.'"

The former president strongly rebuked the suggestion that the Clinton campaign ever played the race card against Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill.

"I was really hurt about it at first. I am way over being hurt. This was cold-blooded, calculated, manipulated and a revolting strategy," Clinton said, in reference to the accusation that the Clinton camp stoked racial fears during his wife's bid.

When asked the seemingly open-ended question, "Is there anything you want voters to know?", Clinton replied, "When I was so tired, I either was not as precise as I should have been or I seemed angrier than I would have been. That's always my mistake. If I am to have any blame, that's it."

Clinton also said he didn't know Obama very well but called his wife's Democratic nomination rival "an immensely talented man" before adding, "I think I understand him. There are enough similarities in our childhoods and things that I think I get what he is doing. But I do think it's better to have made a lot of decisions before you get to be president."

Telling PEOPLE he speaks to his wife "probably three times a day", Clinton explained, "I got in the habit of not being an e-mailer when I was president because we had Newt Gingrich, who wanted to subpoena every e-mail ever written in the White House."

When asked whether the nomination fight would go all the way to the convention, Clinton replied, "It depends on what happens between now and then. It's been really funny that when when all she asked was to let all the votes be counted, the response from the other side was to pressure as many superdelegates as possible, in districts mostly that she carried, to come out against her."

Post Thu May 22, 2008 7:09 am 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

One election at a time...

I feel that Michigan & Florida shouldn't count, but if they must, they cannot give the Clintons all that they are asking just because she cheated and left her name on the ballot.

Not that 5-10 delegates would save her ass at this point...
Post Thu May 22, 2008 7:50 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Not that 5-10 delegates would save her ass at this point...

No but the pissed of feminists just might. Watch the news this morning??? Laughing Laughing

Post Thu May 22, 2008 8:04 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

<rant on/>

The only "things" that should be seated are Hillary and Mark Brewer's buttocks on a pine stump and should be forced not to speak but to listen!!!

SHE made the decision to have her name on the ballot against DNC rules, HE was the one that wanted US (Michigan) to vote early to show our "plight". Now they are stamping their little footsies KNOWING that stipulations were going to be put in place to thwart our votes!!!

Edwards and Obama took their names off following "the rules".

Hillary KNEW that she was gambling as did Brewer!!!! Brewer's the one that hosed us all....<grumble, grumble>.

National holds more power than Brewer. The feminists can scream all they want, sometimes I wonder if they are just in it because she has a uterus, and not because Hillary is right for the job.

Could go on, but I have a funeral to go to......

<rant off/>

Post Thu May 22, 2008 8:15 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Hillarys buttocks on a pine stump

What did the poor stump ever do to deserve that?? Shocked

Post Thu May 22, 2008 8:17 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Are we talking about a really wide stump. or a skinny one? Laughing

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu May 22, 2008 11:46 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: