FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: will obamma legalize MJ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
david
F L I N T O I D

hello,

the subject line says it all. the dems will get in and i am wondering if they will legalize M.J. if the feds approved the legalization, taxed, controled, and regulated like booze then think of all the tax monies that would go into the state coffers. go to the liquor store and buy a pack of joints. hey, the state needs the tax money.

david
socal
Post Sat May 10, 2008 4:53 pm 
Adam
F L I N T O I D

http://washingtontimes.com/article/20080131/NATION/896961936/0/ENTERTAINMENT

Sounds like a little bit of double speak to me. I doubt the democrats would hold together and legalize marijuana unless we get some Ron Paul Republicans into congress to put the pressure on. We'll be lucky if we can get one or two of those in though.
Post Sat May 10, 2008 6:46 pm 
david
F L I N T O I D

i see where congressman barny frank has submitted legislation to legalize. me thinks "the times they are a changing."

david
san diego
Post Sat May 10, 2008 7:15 pm 
Deena
F L I N T O I D

They have to replace the tobacco tax money...
Post Sat May 10, 2008 7:49 pm 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Sure would free up some special opps cops to pursue the real druggies.
Post Sat May 10, 2008 8:22 pm 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

There'd still be dealers selling it for less than the taxed stuff.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Sun May 11, 2008 7:14 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

Marijuana is not like cigarretes and tobacco. Unless the stores or even drug dealers sold marijuana for very cheap people would likely grow it at home. Legalizing alcohol put all the rum runners out of business and I could see legalizing marijuana putting all the marijuana dealers out of business.
Post Sun May 11, 2008 7:29 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

I can see it now the Burpee seed display with "grow your own" seeds.
Post Sun May 11, 2008 9:33 am 
tricky mutha
F L I N T O I D

After a couple of bong hits I ponder- why do I crave cheesy tots and why the hell is pot illegal? I have no desire to put my neighborhood entrepreneur out of business by letting the government get into the bag trade, I mean after all, the schools could never teach me the metric system, but my dealer always let me know an ounce was 28.35 grams. Even after a couple of tokes I could remember that, unlike that boring class where I had to read “Crime and Punishment”. Yet it is so wrong to put people behind bars for Pot.

Racism, unfortunately, is rooted in pot prohibition. In the 1930’s, musicians, who have since been embraced by popular culture (Louis Armstrong, Cab Calloway) alluded to Cannabis in songs like “Muggles” and “That funny reefer man”- yeah I knew a guy like that in my second hour English class- he was always nodding off. Marijuana migrated, along with jazz from New Orleans to Chicago, then to Harlem, indispensable to the music scene.

Newspapers of the day would editorialize “Marihuana influences Negroes to look at white people in the eye, step on white men’s shadows and look at a white woman twice” WOW- but if one considers just yesterday 25% of Kentucky voters considered race important in their voting decision you wonder if we’re all better off just being stoned.

Oh yeah, then there was fear mongering- that Mexicans, Blacks and other foreigners were snaring white children with pot. Can we as a truly free nation stand for such BS? Not only do ridiculous laws tie up the police, courts, jails and prisons, but they infringe on what is basic to our mission: choice. Pardon me however, my attention span grows short- I have an appointment with my steamroller.

Post Wed May 21, 2008 9:24 pm 
Ponycar
F L I N T O I D

There was talk about MJ being legalized way back in the 70s. We actually thought we would see the day when it would be legal. It will not happen in our life times. It's harder to smoke cigarettes than it was back then, how are they gonna legalize MJ ?

Post Thu May 22, 2008 1:29 am 
Dave Starr
F L I N T O I D

Ever see "Reefer Madness"? One of the funniest movies of all time.

Pushing buttons sure can be fun.

When a lion wants to go somewhere, he doesn’t worry about how many hyenas are in the way.

Paddle faster, I hear banjos.
Post Thu May 22, 2008 7:36 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ponycar schreef:
There was talk about MJ being legalized way back in the 70s. We actually thought we would see the day when it would be legal. It will not happen in our life times. It's harder to smoke cigarettes than it was back then, how are they gonna legalize MJ ?

You're obviously older than me but as long as I achieve my life expectancy I definately expect to see MJ legalized when my generation takes over. I wouldn't be surprised if the democrats in my race also support legalization.

It's also insane that in Michigan a criminal can sometimes get off easir for murder than drug possesion.
Post Thu May 22, 2008 7:53 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Along with this of course. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Link

Post Thu May 22, 2008 7:54 am 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

What strikes me about MJ is how many people are doing it already, and how many people across ALL WALKS OF LIFE. It's unbelievable the people you discover are regular users.

Everyone's got something that gives them their fix... if only they were all as benign as MJ smokers...
Post Thu May 22, 2008 7:55 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Dave Starr schreef:
Ever see "Reefer Madness"? One of the funniest movies of all time.

Never even heard of it until now.

Link

Link
Post Thu May 22, 2008 8:00 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: