FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: If they don't want my vote in the primary, then....
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
  Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

The Democratic Party will not get it in the fall. I feel like the voters of Michigan and Florida have been disenfranchised. I say to all the voters out there, if they don't count us in the primary lets take our votes elsewhere. I will not vote for a democrat if they continue to not care about us now, but will try to court us in the fall.

Post Wed May 21, 2008 11:12 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Excellent idea Ryan.Screw em, show em you aint taking their crap anymore. Pass this on to all your Democrat pals.

Post Thu May 22, 2008 7:13 am 
Demeralda
F L I N T O I D

You're not a real democrat then.

Cutting off your nose to spite your face -- what a brilliant strategic idea!

Go back to your Republican peeps...
Post Thu May 22, 2008 7:52 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Demeralda schreef:

Come on Demi! Don't be so rough on our secret weapon. Listen to your fellow "Democrat". Wink
Post Thu May 22, 2008 8:07 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

I guess I am about principal, I am guess I am about doing whats right?
I am tired of the politics and want to send a message.. Believe it or not I am not the only one...

quote:
Demeralda schreef:

Post Thu May 22, 2008 9:20 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Hey I consider myself a democrat, but we need to do the right thing here and count Michigan and Florida!!

quote:
twotap schreef:
Excellent idea Ryan.Screw em, show em you aint taking their crap anymore. Pass this on to all your Democrat pals.

Post Thu May 22, 2008 9:22 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Thanks for getting my back Adam!!

quote:
Adam Ford schreef:
quote:
Demeralda schreef:

Come on Demi! Don't be so rough on our secret weapon. Listen to your fellow "Democrat". Wink

Post Thu May 22, 2008 9:26 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

Gosh your right the real democrats call fraud when George W. wins, then bitches that he gets less of the popular vote, then say millions of people were disenfranchised and their votes need to count in the 2000 election...

quote:
Demeralda schreef:

Post Thu May 22, 2008 9:28 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:
I guess I am about principal

Manning Court vote?
Post Thu May 22, 2008 10:04 am 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

quote:
Ryan Eashoo schreef:
Thanks for getting my back Adam!!

Keep up the good work! Teach those democrats about principle. Wink
Post Thu May 22, 2008 10:05 am 
tricky mutha
F L I N T O I D

Principle? Then it is a no brainier. Hillary heaving a desperation shot at the buzzer even though earlier in the campaign she said votes in Florida and Michigan shouldn’t count? That alone should make any Democrat throw their support behind Obama. Or, if principle means casting your vote for another term of failed policy and an endless immoral war because you believe voters were disenfranchised go ahead (hell, maybe it would have been better in 2000 if voters in Florida would have been told up front that their votes WOULDN’T count and some candidates elected not to put their name on the ballot-like Bush or Nader)- but I don’t believe there are enough turncoats in the Democratic party to steal the 17 precious electoral votes which haven’t gone Republican since 1988.

Post Thu May 22, 2008 9:04 pm 
Adam Ford
F L I N T O I D

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0508/Ickes_We_want_the_Michigan_uncommitted_to_stay_uncommitted.html

Just because Obama has a majority of delegates will not guarantee his delegates will all vote for him. I'm sure with some "campaign contributions" some of Obama's delegates may be "encouraged" to switch their votes to Clinton and some Obama delegates could very well be Clinton supporters who may want to switch their vote even without any monetary encouragement.
Post Fri May 23, 2008 8:48 am 
Ryan Eashoo
F L I N T O I D

See you missed the point, this is no longer about HILLARY or OBAMA its about the voters voices being heard. The thing here is if the democrats want our support they need to let our voices be heard! The voters didn't get us into this mess.

quote:
tricky mutha schreef:
Principle? Then it is a no brainier. Hillary heaving a desperation shot at the buzzer even though earlier in the campaign she said votes in Florida and Michigan shouldn’t count? That alone should make any Democrat throw their support behind Obama. Or, if principle means casting your vote for another term of failed policy and an endless immoral war because you believe voters were disenfranchised go ahead (hell, maybe it would have been better in 2000 if voters in Florida would have been told up front that their votes WOULDN’T count and some candidates elected not to put their name on the ballot-like Bush or Nader)- but I don’t believe there are enough turncoats in the Democratic party to steal the 17 precious electoral votes which haven’t gone Republican since 1988.

Post Sat May 24, 2008 12:18 am 
rapunzel11
F L I N T O I D

I will look at the issues and where each candidate stands on them.

Yes, as a voter in MI some wieght will be given or not as the case is..
that they chose not to have thier name on the MI ballot.

That Iowa or New Hampshire had precidence?

Who says they should come first? The party? When was this decision thought up?

Michigan and Florida has shown that we are and have been the temperature guage of the nation.
Hanging Chads in FLA showed we needed better Voter Machines so the legislative branch appointed does not decide elections.
Still FLA Voters are not HEARD!
Michigan lead the nation in Job loss and recession. GOP stated we were a one state recession. Yet then other states lost jobs and the housing market followed suit across the nation. Were we not the thermometer?
Yet MI delegates are counted less in both parties.

Why? Because we stood up and said PAY ATTENTION to us!

OUR VOTES COUNT!
We will look at alternatives and wiegh them.
I would like to say Obama and Edwards can kiss my aura but will still weigh the negatives.
That they thought the party had more weight than each and every voter in MI Primary is a negative factor.

This may not be enough wieght vs. other issues but the door is opened.

Peace,
RAP

Post Sat May 24, 2008 12:24 am 
tricky mutha
F L I N T O I D

What is honorable is difficult- Hillary needs to take her ball and go home. As discussed ad nauseam, she went on record saying Florida and Michigan votes should not count. I’m out of here.

Post Sat May 24, 2008 10:47 am 

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: