FAQFAQ   SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlistRegisterRegister  ProfileProfile   Log in[ Log in ]  Flint Talk RSSFlint Talk RSS

»Home »Open Chat »Political Talk  Â»Flint Journal »Political Jokes »The Bob Leonard Show  

Flint Michigan online news magazine. We have lively web forums

FlintTalk.com Forum Index > Political Talk

Topic: Helpful hints, Hey no finger pointing.lol

Author    Post Post new topic Reply to topic
twotap
F L I N T O I D

http://ktmtalk.com/uploads/posting.swf Laughing Laughing

Post Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:43 am 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

Is this the thread where I can find out about the length of time an elephant gestates?

Post Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:47 am 
twotap
F L I N T O I D

Yup
1] The elephant's gestation period is 22 months, the longest of any land animal. At birth it is common for an elephant calf to weigh 120 kilograms

Post Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:49 am 
david
F L I N T O I D

quote:
twotap schreef:
Yup
1] The elephant's gestation period is 22 months, the longest of any land animal. At birth it is common for an elephant calf to weigh 120 kilograms

Hmmmmmmm, interesting information to have should i ever be asked about elephants. 120 kilos, good grief Shocked when my second son was born he weighed in at 10 lbs. and his mother thought that was pretty big and i guess it is giving the amount of screaming she was doing.

Ha-ha Laughing

david
san diego
Post Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:41 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

*****when my second son was born he weighed in at 10 lbs.******

David, I hope you gave her a dozen roses for every pound after he was born....WOW....that makes my eyes water!!! My first one was 5 lbs...I could have had twins?! Smile

Post Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:41 pm 
david
F L I N T O I D

nope, no roses. maybe i should have but then again she never wanted to marry me so what the heck.

the boy is now 19 in the navy and 6' 2" and about 220. i am blessed as i have two good sons.

david
san diego
Post Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:53 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

*****the boy is now 19******

I am old enough to be his mother......sigh.....the hot flashes begin!! Smile

Enjoy your blessings!!! Is your son stateside?

Post Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:02 pm 
david
F L I N T O I D

quote:
andi03 schreef:
*****the boy is now 19******

I am old enough to be his mother......sigh.....the hot flashes begin!! Smile

Enjoy your blessings!!! Is your son stateside?

yes, he is station at lackland air force base (texas) going through a school and then off to see the world. he will be with a naval counter terrorism security force.

i have many blessing that i am thankful for.

david
san diego
p.s. i am old enough to be his grandfather Laughing
Post Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:15 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

****p.s. i am old enough to be his grandfather*****

Ah....man-o-pause. Smile Smile Smile

Post Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:17 pm 
david
F L I N T O I D

no, not all. i just had a few more wild oats to sew into my "mature" years. no complaints, had a good life. been around the world 3 times, visited 23 different countrys and had a hell of a good time.

no, i am not retired navy.

david
san diego
Post Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:20 pm 
david
F L I N T O I D

my mother lives in flint. she tells me that you folks almost had a tornado yesterday. any truth to that fact?

david
Post Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:22 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

There were tornado watches out yesterday. It was eerily quiet after the storm went through and the second batch of rain came in. The temp dropped 10 degrees in 1/2 hour....thank God, it was hot and I was crabby. Smile

Post Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:29 pm 
andi03
F L I N T O I D

TwoTap:

Other forum rules that you forgot about!!!! Fershame!!!

The Golden Rule of Flaming

Flames should be witty, insulting, interesting, funny, caustic, or sarcastic, but NEVER, EVER, should they be boring.
The Twelve Commandments of Flaming

1. Make things up about your opponent: It's important to make your lies sound true. Preface your argument with the word "clearly." Example: "Clearly, Fred Flooney is a liar, and a dirtball to boot."

2. Be an armchair psychologist: You're a smart person. You've heard of Freud. You took a psychology course in college. Clearly, you're qualified to psychoanalyze your opponent. Example: "Polly Purebread, by using the word 'zucchini' in her posting, shows she has a bad case of penis envy."

3. Cross-post your flames: Everybody on the 'Net is just waiting for the next literary masterpiece to leave your terminal! From the Apple II Roundtable to X-10 Powerhouse Roundtable, they're all holding their breath until your next flame. Therefore, post everywhere.

4. Conspiracies abound: If everybody's against you, the reason can't possibly be that you're a sh**head. There's obviously a conspiracy against you, and you will be doing the entire 'Net a favor by exposing it.

5. Lawsuit threats: This is the reverse of Rule #4 (sort of like the Yin & Yang of Flaming). Threatening a lawsuit is always considered to be in good form. Example: "By saying that I've posted to the wrong group, Bertha has libeled me, slandered me, and sodomized me. See you in court, Bertha."

6. Force them to document their claims: Even if Harry Hoinkus states outright that he likes tomato sauce on his pasta, you should demand documentation. If Newsweek hasn't written an article on Harry's pasta preferences, then Harry's obviously lying.

7. Use foreign phrases: French is good, but Latin is the lingua franca of Flaming. You should use the words "ad hominem" at least three times per article. Other favorite Latin phrases are "ad nauseum," "veni, vidi, vici," and "fettuccini alfredo."

8. Tell 'em how smart you are: Why use intelligent arguments to convince them you're smart when all you have to do is tell them? State that you're a member of Mensa, or Mega, or Dorks of America. Tell them the scores you received on every exam since high school. Example: "I got an 800 on my SATs, LSATs, GREs, MCATs, and I can also spell the word 'premeiotic'."

9. Accuse your opponent of censorship: It is your right as an American citizen to post whatever the hell you want to the 'Net (as guaranteed by the 37th Amendment, I think). Anybody who tries to limit your cross-posting or move a Flame War to email is either a communist, a fascist, or both.

10. Doubt their existence: You've never actually seen your opponent, have you? And since you're the center of the universe, you should have seen them by now, shouldn't you? Therefore, THEY DON'T EXIST! This is the beauty of Flamers' logic.

11. Lie, cheat, steal, leave the toilet seat up.

12. When in doubt, insult: If you forget the other 11 rules, remember this one. At some point during your wonderful career as a Flamer you will undoubtedly end up in a Flame War with somebody who is better than you. This person will expose your lies, tear apart your arguments, and make you look generally like a bozo. At this point, there's only one thing to do . . . INSULT THE DIRTBAG! Example: "Oh yeah? Well, your mother does strange things with vegetables."

http://www.petrescue.com/library/flame-guide.htm

Post Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:13 pm 
squash
F L I N T O I D

I'm kinda new to blogging, posting etc. so these articles are a real help to me. One thing that wasn't mentioned though are what I'll call "serial cut & pasters." I mean come on, tell me what YOU think, not some jerk columnist or a sham organization like the AP. Now here's a link that will support what I say.

Hi Ken,

You have a good point. There is just no dialogue with the cut and pasters,
or the bigots. They only come here to spew, anyway.

I use a newsreader that came with Vista. It's easy to set up to work the
way I want it, displaying complete threads. If a thread looks like too
many jerks are participating, I usually will pick and choose exactly who I
want to read and kill the whole thread afterwards.

There is no reason NOT to killfile anyone whose posts you don't enjoy.

I have tried some of the private lists and they are altogether too tame and
boring.

--
Best Regards,

Evelyn

http://groups.google.com.fj/group/soc.senior.issues/msg/58606551d7262409

Thanks Evelyn

-squash
Post Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:57 pm 

Jump to:  

Last Topic | Next Topic  >

Forum Rules: